Leupold vs Minox

Would you buy a Leupold VXII 4-14x40 new from the factory or a Minox 3-15x42? It will go on a 25-06. The Minox cost $80 more but comes with a 8x42 pair of binos.

I have a minox 2-10X40 and the glass is great. However the turrets are terrible. They are mushy and when I change direction there is not a click at the first mark. The scope does track the box well and has never lost zero. I like the power ring which seems to have the correct amount of tension as it is not difficult to turn but is not easy either. The eye relief is also very long which is a good in some cases but can make mounting challenging on some rifles. For a hunting optic that will not be used to dial different distances I think the minox is fine. If you are looking for something to dial in adjustments for longer ranges I would look for a different scope. I have never used the CS but the scope comes with a good warranty. I really like the optical qualities and if the turrets were as good as my vortex pst it would be hard to buy anything else. Also I am not sure which model of the 3-15 you are looking at but camera land usually has some good deals on demo models.

I have no experience with Leupold so I cannot comment on them.

I have Minox and Leupold. I'd go with the Minox for its better glass; unless you're talking the new improved VX-2 which would swing it back to the Leupold.

I'd go with the Minox for a hunting rig.I just bought my 2nd Minox, a 3x15x42 for my night calling rig.Now if I can find the time to mount it & sight in. I'm pretty pleased with my 4x20x50 i've had for about a year. Their customer service is top shelf.I like the 5x power range.

Leupold all day.

Minox turrets sucks and I've always thought the scopes felt "fragile". Well then I heard some reports of the suspected "fragility". Word is they have pretty thin tubes. I have never actually confirmed this, but it sure seems that way to me.

I noticed a lot of people on various hunting sites recently bought them. I then noticed a lot of people sold them for less not long after.

The turrets alone on the ones I've seen/used are enough to keep me from test driving one on my own dime.......

Back