Best place to buy bulk .223 ammo?

BigGrizz

Do you guys know of one that I might be overlooking? I know about cabelas, miway usa, etc.....I'm just looking to buy some .223 in bulk as a sort of ready supply instead of constantly having to rely on reloading.

you can get the 200 round boxes of federal at wal mart for cheaper than anyplace I ever found. They are a 50 gr hollow point and they shoot pretty well out of my Stevens 223. It's been a couple years so I don't know what the price is now but I'm betting it's still one of the cheapest.

Quote:you can get the 200 round boxes of federal at wal mart for cheaper than anyplace I ever found. ....If you can find this ammunition, it's probably some of the best commercial that I've found....The only downside was that it had crimped primers and was a pain to reload...

Several years ago, they were selling it for $53 per 200 rounds, but I'm sure it's gone up in price since then...Out of couple of 1/9 twists barrels that I've shot it in, I was getting 1" or less at 100 yards...I last bought 1000 rounds and still have some for 'throw away' matches where you can't recover your brass...

I've been buying the American Eagle 55gr. FMJ at Walmart. Definately the cheapest ammo that I can find Locally. They sell for $6.47 for a box of 20, which works out to about 35¢ a round after tax. This stuff is loaded using LC brass.

Great for blasting at the range.

Looks like a lot of the sporting goods stores are taking advantage of the election results. I think every black friday ad I saw had bulk .223 ammo in it.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:you can get the 200 round boxes of federal at wal mart for cheaper than anyplace I ever found. ....If you can find this ammunition, it's probably some of the best commercial that I've found....The only downside was that it had crimped primers and was a pain to reload...

Several years ago, they were selling it for $53 per 200 rounds, but I'm sure it's gone up in price since then...Out of couple of 1/9 twists barrels that I've shot it in, I was getting 1" or less at 100 yards...I last bought 1000 rounds and still have some for 'throw away' matches where you can't recover your brass...

If I am thinking of the same stuff. Its close to $100 a box now. It might be just a tad bit over but I dont remember.

The best price I have seen is BVAC ammo. It can be had for about a 1000 rounds for $300, if you buy it from Cheaper than dirt it would probably be about $340 +/-

Back