Two Fold Q. About Johnny Stewart & Foxpro

Stringbean

Back in the day I had the old JS 512. JS had some great sounds out on tape and I still have several of them. My 512 quit on me though.

About 8-10 years ago I went digital with a Foxpro 532. I can't say enough great things about Foxpro products and their customer service. I'm not crazy about their sound library though. And some of the sounds they have, or had when I purchased my 532, sound like they were recorded in a closet.

So my two questions today are 1) has the quality of JS's e-callers risen at or near the quality of Foxpro, and 2) has Foxpro improved their library and quality of sounds?

Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stringbean
About 8-10 years ago I went digital with a Foxpro 532. I'm not crazy about their sound library though.

So my two questions today are 1) has the quality of JS's e-callers risen at or near the quality of Foxpro, and 2) has Foxpro improved their library and quality of sounds?

Thanks

Since you bought your FP caller 8-10 years ago, FP has acquired some great sounds. Both distress and coyote vocals. All of FP's sounds can be previewed on their site. Go there and take a listen.

JS just introduced a new line of callers. I think there are 3 (maybe 4) different models. Sounds like the upper end models have many of the same capabilities, bells, whistles, gizmos as FP and a few additional whiz bangs such as GPS.

I suspect these JS callers are not made in USA (no shocker there, eh). The silver lining would be they still play the great JS sounds. To early to tell if these callers are really deserving of the JS branding.

Thanks doggin, I'll have give FP a call and see if I can still send my old 532 in to have new sounds put on it. That would probably be my best option. I did checkout their sample sound bites and liked what I heard.

Back