Millett 1-4x24 DMS ...anybody know about this scope?

Are you planning on doing some both eyes open shooting? I personally wouldn't like that reticle for hunting or trying to hit something at 400yds. I use the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x, very high quality...but may be above your budget. The Burris MTAC is attractive as well.

You also would't be losing much on close in shots with a 2-7/8x or even a 1.5-5x. There are many options at many price points there.

i just got the optisan mamba from swfa 149.00 with mount. similar retical , red / green illuminated. small center dot, eye box is not the most forgiving, but for the money im very happy. imo, better than the millett. check it out. if i had the funds i would look at the tac 30 , mtac, or the 2x7x32 vortex viper at cameraland ny.

The Millet is a pretty decent little scope especially for the money. I have one that has done duty on a couple of different ARs and no problems at all. Now I am not saying it is better than a Nightforce but for the money it has a held up pretty well to farm truck duty and I really like the reticle.

I have that scope on a 5.45x39 and took this young coyote this weekend. If i was going to shoot it past 200 yards on a regular basis I would definately want more power than 4x. If you are looking for a close range set up it will serve the purpose well. I have taken several coyotes with this rifle/scope over the past year but the longest shot was right at the 250 yard range.

coyote.jpg

Red Elk,

I have the Millett DMS and really like it. The optic is very fast to acquire on close range targets like watermellons. I have not done much long range shooting with it. The optic is clear.

Some negatives are:

Don't expect much from the lens covers. Both mine broke after very few rounds from the brutal recoil of the legendary 223 remington round. They are junk.

The adjustment caps have a very fine thread pattern and you must be very careful not to cross thread them.

You can't see the illumination very well during the day but it does not matter since you can still see the retical even with dead batteries.

It is pretty heavy.

Pros

For the price I am very pleased. It seems to hold zero.
I really like the retical.

Although I am pleased with the scope if I had to do it all over again I might spend more money and get the Leupold VX-R Patrol Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 1.25-4
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/592249/...r-reticle-matte

but it is a lot more money.

I bought mine from swfa but mine came with a burris perp mount.

Good luck

Back