Anyone using a Truglo RDS or another inexpensive option?

aubie515

I'm looking to get a RDS for my 22mag for predator season. Was curious if anyone has used the Truglo Tru Brite? I like that it has a 2.5MOA dot. I'm looking for a quick optic for my Marlin 22mag. I typically use magnified optics, but thought I'd get a light RDS.

I already own a PA red dot, but I like the Truglo since it has red and green reticle.

I have a truglo gobble stopper that I used , it's pretty good for the price. I actually have a aimpoint to and while its high quality rds , I have less issues with my astigmatism with the tru glo. It is always a clear image while the aimpoint can be a red comet looking dot. Go figure.

Another affordable option is UTG/Leapers, they are not high end by any means, and some are made in the same offshore factory as TruGlo, however, UTG has been giving a good effort to move their plants here and make everything domestic, their handgaurds used to be made in China but are now made here.
Something to think about.
thumbup1.gif

I used a Tru-Glo scope on my crossbow last year. In heavy cover, it was impossible to see clearly. A nice shooter buck came in and like a Dumb Arse, I took the shot, made a bad hit and lost the buck. Dumb me! I e-mailed Tru-Glo and complained about their lousey optics and never got a reply. I felt like they were saying, I know our products are crap but we got your money. No more Tru-Glo for me. JMO

Friend at work just bought one for his M4. We mounted and sighted it in...it works perfect and is able to hold zero on the gun no problem so far. I dont know how long the battery will last. What I see for the price is that it is not a bad deal. Red Dot sights do not gather any light, you simply see a red dot at the target. Not exactly the type of sighting device to use for low light deer hunting but the dot/reticle does dim down so I guess if it's all ya' got.... but definately not first choice for low light conditions. The dot is kinda large and for up close or bigger targets so it dont work good for groundhog hunting either.

Back