Firearms Stolen From Parents House near Grants, NM

VARMINTPOPPER223

Hey guys my parents house was broken into in the Grants area, if you could keep and eye out for anything suspisious that fits these discriptions and let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Winchester 94 22 Mag – Rifle is a lever action with an older fixed power scope, if I remember correctly it is a weaver scope. Rifle also had a thumb extender on the hammer to de-**** with the scope. Rifle does not have checkering on the stock like pictured, stock is smooth.

Springfield Model 1896 30-40 Krag Carbine – Rifle did not have a scope mounted pretty much just an old military issue rifle with the side box magazine.

Spanish Made Remington Rolling Block – Believed to be a M1871 Remington rolling block chambered in .43 Spanish. Similar to the rifle in the picture below.

Smith & Wesson .22 Revolver – Similar to the picture, but missing ½ half of the grip on one side pearl grips DA older revolver

Ruger M77 Mark II 7mm Rem. Mag – Rifle is stainless steel with a grey laminate wood stock. Rifle had a Leupold Vari-X scope 3-9X40 may also be a 3-9X42, but I am pretty sure it is a 3-9X40. Also if I remember correctly there may have
been a small gouge in the stock and what looked like a few minor scuffs from something with white paint on the stock.

Ruger 10/22 Charger - Ruger Charger pistol likely in bag like shown in picture. Pistol also has a scope which I believe was either a Tasco or NCStar. Also with pistol may be a 30rd aftermarket banana style clip.

Taurus Model 63R – This rifle is in like new condition and is butt-stock loading rifle. It is a copy of the old Winchester model 64.

New England Firearms (NEF) Pardner 12ga shotgun – Just a single shot break over shotgun

Also stolen 2 arborist chainsaws, smaller chainsaws 1 sihl with handle over motor, 1 echo, ryobi lithium ion cordless tool set, vizio 32’’ flat screen TV, another unknown brand flat screen TV, new dark leather western saddle with possible flower tooling, turquoise, gold and silver jewelry.

Their house and outbuilding was broken in today while they were at work, it had to have been sombody that at least knows their work schedule as they live a ways out of town and there is only one way into their house down a couple mile long ruff dirt road. There was much more stuff taken (30k-50k) but I figured this was the larger more identifiable stuff stolen.

I will also try to get serial numbers asap, wish I lived closer so I could help them out.

Sorry, guys I couldent figure out how to get pics up but I will try more tomorrow.

Last edited:
I sent the pictures, they are pics that very closely resembled the firearms that were stolen. Thank you very much for posting them I greatly appreciate it.

EE4F8E90-5C52-48C8-AB79-187A327502EC-413-00000156F14F6400.jpg

4203A443-6611-482E-8123-9CFB7A8F11DC-413-00000156F0C335EE.jpg

9F195169-DBBB-4A5A-875E-5277A38A44FB-413-00000156EE8C6E6A.jpg

350D2CF0-CCA1-4312-942D-0052D5E2D34A-413-00000156F1E37AB8.jpg

48F43F67-B00E-4411-A0BB-A71339698BA4-413-00000156F5385158.jpg

8B3DAC71-DF91-447F-994C-6EFE35530869-413-00000156F5D75B90.jpg

d52c7b7809f4cdaadd0ff1eaab293b61.jpg

5b6c3add4b8b827a87e924f61ff8e75e.jpg

I am glad they didnt catch them in the act this time, because I have been trying to get them to start carring for a while, but they just would not for some reason. They cleaned my dad out of all his guns so I am going to try and take them a couple of my pistols cuz it looks like they are likely coming back. They stole a set of keys that had keys to all their vehicles and other things like the garage and a few trailer houses on the property.

Last edited:
Oh man, thats not good.

Best of luck to your folks, hope they get some of there stuff back and catch the worthless piles sooner then later. People like that dont deserve to breathe.

I am really sorry to hear this.I just hate a thief.Sneaking low life.I been expecting something like that here.I hope they get caught.I will keep an eye out for the guns.It's a long way from here but guns can travel sometimes.Again I hope you catch them.Caution your parents to be careful coming home that they don't stumble in on them.I guess they are already changing locks.Did I mention that I hate a sneaking lowlife thief.

I am sorry for your parents loss. Nothing I hate worse than a thief. People who.are on the fence about buying a safe need to read this. The safe may not.stop some one determined but it will sure slow them down. Hopefully they catch the scum and recover all there stuff.

Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMSI am sorry for your parents loss. Nothing I hate worse than a thief. People who.are on the fence about buying a safe need to read this. The safe may not.stop some one determined but it will sure slow them down. Hopefully they catch the scum and recover all there stuff.

This is true,definately buy a safe. My dad did have a safe, but these thiefs had all day, they knew it and they took their time. But the positive is when the police were investigating there were good samples of finger prints all over the safe and my dad probably had not been in it in months. They had enough time to rifle through mail, reciepts, ect. and find sportsmans warehouse gift certificates.

I'm really sorry to hear this..... [beeep] deal for sure and I hope they're caught and pay for it!

On a side note, could you post a bigger pics and maybe details of the AR in your avatar? It looks VERY similar to what I was doing with one of mine.

Blopez50 - Sure deal, I will take a look at it since I can't remember what all is on it. I havent actually used it in 5 or 6 years, it's more of a sentimental gun I inhereted, but I will check it out and figure out how to get pics up but it may be a few days.

Last edited:
Back