1, 2, 3 point sling pics?

yotehunter57

I am very AR-ignorant and don't know the differences in these slings.
Could some one please post pics of these different set-ups.
I'm hoping to be able to buy or build my first AR next year, and want to know a little ahead of time.

Thanks guys, or gals
Shayne

one point slings mount between the butstock and upper reciever. great for tactical style shooting where you are transitioning between shoulders and secondary weapons. 2 points are your clasic bolt action style slings. three points are a mix of the one and two points. has two mounting points on the gun with a strap that runs the length of the gun and anothe point in the center of that strap where the shoulder strap hooks up. these are my personal favorite as they are very adjustable to fit the shooter and will let the rifle sit at the ready and easily access. you can tighten and loosen them quickly and sling them in many positions. the blackhawk one is pretty good but they are all the same basic design. if you have never set a 3 point up pay attention to the instructions to ensure the straps run propperly. for a hunting gun i personally do not like single points as they are limited in carrying them in a comfortable position for long distances. slings are cheap. grab one of each and try which one you like.

Back