anybody in se MO seeing squirrels?

ballistictip

cant find hardly any,been doing a lot of bowhunting D/t and not seeing any then either. looks to be a bad squirrel year, have been seeing a lot of coon tracks though,might try calling or just shoot them off porch or truck hood, the seem to be found of bbq grills and chevy trucks!

The mast crop is spotty this year. There are plenty of squirrels if you find the nuts. About everywhere has at least a few, but some places have lots of mast and lots of squirrels. Scouting is paramount for success this year.

i have 65 acres with permission to hunt another 150 adjoining mine almost all oak and hickory and i bet you cant p/u a wal-mart bag of acorns and hickory nuts on the whole place,don't even see any road-kill ones.Most of the corn and bean fields didn't make it,If we have a hard winter its going to be ruff on the game animals

Well maybe you guys are not holding your mouth right
tt2.gif
I am on track with last years totals but this weekends weather did not help. Here is a few pictures from this season

[img:center]
f530ce6e.jpg
[/img]

ece83660.jpg
[/img]

7a06d31a.jpg
[/img]

2b6d1ad6.jpg
[/img]

d514bbb7.jpg
[/img]

8aab2822.jpg
[/img]

2cb13045.jpg
[/img]

c4e2bc40.jpg
[/img]

69811527.jpg
[/img]

Don't you need trees to find squirrels? Between the Mississippi River and Poplar Bluff there are only 3 trees. I have seen several coyote in the fields though and a Bald Eagle.

Fortunately on my side of the river the mast crop is good. As soon as I shoot them new ones move in to the same trees.

I hope you guys have better luck soon.

right there GC, theres over 80,000 acres of mark twain nat. forest within a couple miles of me,and a whole lot more around just aint any squirrels around, might head to fort wood area,a bud said hes seen some out there.

Probably have to move around some and find them. One of my favorite spots in the Mark Twain has some squirrels, but I wouldn't call them "thick" there. In another place about twenty-five miles away there are a lot more squirrels scurrying around and it is pretty easy hunting over there. Obviously Tank76 has found them!
smile.gif

Rescue35,
Take a little drive out of that Bootheel delta land and over into the Ozark's and see how you like it over to the west of Poplar Bluff.

Where abouts is that located GC. I have been in the Mark Twain several times and while it is quite nice I dont remember it looking like that. It could be the fact that I am usually running pretty fast on the quad or im just not in the right spot.

IIRC that picture was taken while turkey hunting on the Current River in either Shannon or Reynolds County.

I think Tanks shooting all the Squirrels in Missouri? Yikes....thats a nice Mess of Squirrels!
wink.gif

I've been seeing a few around here in SEMO,gotta sit still and be quiet...wait til after a nice rain then sit in the woods and watch for them to jump around shaking the rain off...it gives them away every time!

Sorry fellas was not looking but I am in West Central MO. Although I used to live in Sikeston. I used to always kill a bunch at Duck Creek.

Back