Franchi Shotgun Troubles?

cosletdecoy

took my franchi blackmagic 12 ga. out the other day todo some shooting. noticed loading shell in chamberwas tough didnt pay much attention went to shoot consecutiveshots,wouldnt kick shell out had to manually eject. then wouldnt advance shell manually. manymore tries wasnt working. not sure why it didnt work only difference i was shooting super-lite aa shells. does anyone know could this be the culpret? p.s. havent had a chance to run regular shells thru again, just curious?

I would make sure everything is cleaned & properly lubed. After that I'd try some full strength ammo & see how it does.

Originally Posted By: muskrat30 I would make sure everything is cleaned & properly lubed. After that I'd try some full strength ammo & see how it does.

My buddy had the same problem with his super black eagle. not enough recoil with the lite ammo.

took gas tube apart, had a film on it so i cleaned it, otherwise it was all clean. spring is real tight though and thinking that is the reason for no ejection, also found out the barrel is recoil inside like the a5 shotgun, never knew or realized this. trying out tomorrow to see if any change.

Does that have the bronze friction rings like the older Franchi AL48? From memory I kinda think it does and if so if those aren't adjusted correctly that would most likely be the source of your problem.

it does have brass friction ring and slotted plastic bushing not sure how you would adjust it, just slips on gas tube, i can manually recoil the barrel into reciever and it feels super tight in my opinion

Originally Posted By: cosletdecoyit does have brass friction ring and slotted plastic bushing not sure how you would adjust it, just slips on gas tube, i can manually recoil the barrel into reciever and it feels super tight in my opinion

by gas tube i think you mean magazine tube...you should be able to find on franchis site the configuration for the friction rings for what loads your using...

If it is like the Browning A5 and Franchi AL48 the friction rings need to be in the correct configuration for best functioning. Even the amount and type of lube on the magazine tube can affect function. You should be able to do a search for the Franchi manual online.

The steel ring between the spring and the friction ring must be as follows: bevel side towards the spring for light loads, bevel side towards the friction ring for heavy loads. Use a very light oil such as kroil on the mag tube and friction ring and then wipe it dry. No sticky or thick oil in these areas.

Back