Who is up for the challenge?????

Originally Posted By: cmil84Now I just need to find somewhere i can find a target that has 6 different targets on it.

There is a link I posted that has plenty to choose from. Or just do 6 black dots on a sheet of paper.

lol.gif
..checked out the link over to the hide and got a good laugh from guidelines where #4 starts out with a `cough` LMAO

Quote:Now I just need to find somewhere i can find a target that has 6 different targets on it.....Grab a sheet of brown "butcher's paper", stop by a Dollar Store or Walgreens type drug store and buy a package of pricing dots like are used in garage sales....

Place one dot in each of six different locations on the paper and go shoot...

Remember: "Aim Small, Miss Small" since the only thing you are interested in doing is making groups, not hitting the dots...If your off by a half inch, so much the better for seeing the groups...

I use something similar to check groups for my .22lr ammo/rifles by using 3"x5" index cards and the dots...
5GFederalGoldMedalMatch.jpg

Last edited:
4 days and no takers (pointing the finger at myself as well)?

With our deer season kicking off this past week, my spare time in the next couple weeks will be ate up, but maybe I'll try to get out and post a few groups. Been about 6mos since I've shot my Varminter anyway! It ain't a half minute rifle except on the rarest of occasions, but it does pretty well. It'll be interesting to see how many pages it takes me to get over my fliers!

Originally Posted By: Varminterror4 days and no takers (pointing the finger at myself as well)?

With our deer season kicking off this past week, my spare time in the next couple weeks will be ate up, but maybe I'll try to get out and post a few groups. Been about 6mos since I've shot my Varminter anyway! It ain't a half minute rifle except on the rarest of occasions, but it does pretty well. It'll be interesting to see how many pages it takes me to get over my fliers!

I hope more targets get posted on after the weekend as many people are working and don't have a nice work week like me!
tt2.gif

Either that or the ones that have shot the test it may have opened some eyes as to the truth of how hard this test really is. Even on the hide the targets have slowed down big time. I may just end up taking mine down if it don't pick back up. I think that may help as I did set the bar pretty high and some may feel if that since theirs is not as good as some why post it?

So again it is all in fun and don't be afraid to post your targets up good or bad.

Looks like Sunday is going to be my best bet...wind with prob. 30mph gust most all day today and windy tomorrow as well. I checked out reload components today, as I don`t think I have 30 rnds loaded of the Bull 20`s very best groupings...got plenty of components though.
I didn`t read the guidelines completely...`cough`..but thought I might have to `cheat` a little and load 6 rnd groups, firing off the first out into a dirt pile..I`m not certain but I think that first round is always the one that throws off the group
grin.gif

I am sure some will get posted this weekend.. If the kids allow it I am heading out and trying it. I just can't figure our what gun to take???

Hopefully I have a target posted soon....Jason

ok..one try, and I`M NOT DONE YET
lol.gif
why always one spoiler? I`m prety sure it`s always the first round, but will have to verify that.
017_zpsfd28703b.jpg

014_zpseb3f2be7.jpg

not pictured is rear sand bag, no way without..lol
016_zps6aba1ceb.jpg

102 yards

DPMS Bull 20" 1/9, w/JP trigger, Burris FFII 4.5-14
Sierra 60g HP Varminter(#1375), 24.6g Benchmark, Rem 7 1/2 COL 2.250" LC once fired brass (posted targets).
The very best this rifle has done was with 50g V-Max, but currently is (was I thought) dialed in for the Sierras (notice first group was high, so I shot the remainder aiming for the bottom of circle).
I think with a little more effort.., I ought to at least be able to make one of the top ten list.
lol.gif

FWIW- no sure if one could go back through my post and check, but pretty sure I never talked no smack about shooting .5 MOA ALL DAY LONG
lol.gif
...posted that one target wonder a time or two..yeah, maybe so

Originally Posted By: HookedFWIW- no sure if one could go back through my post and check, but pretty sure I never talked no smack about shooting .5 MOA ALL DAY LONG
lol.gif
...posted that one target wonder a time or two..yeah, maybe so

Originally Posted By: HookedI can shoot .5 MOA with my eyes closed while standing on one leg, over my shoulder at 1000 yards all day long!!! If I do my part.

Originally Posted By: HookedRRA are lucky to get 1 MOA at 50 yards! My DPMS will hold .2's all day every day and twice on Sundays! Some times it's only bug holes but it still makes those RRA look like Airsoft AR's!

Originally Posted By: Hooked3 and 5 shot groups are for little girls. I can get my old beater DPMS out of my truck and put 47 shots all Sub MOA. Any time you girls wanna loose some money look me up!

blink.gif
blink.gif

These were just a few I found!!

Gotta love how you can make it LOOK as if something was said that really wasn't.
thumbup.gif

Congrats Hooked your the top spot as of now! Your name could have been on one more spot if it wasn't for them 2 stray rounds you had. Get back out there and get them strays taken care! Nice shooting!

lol.gif
I started reading the original posted by..was like WHAT? I never said that!
scared.gif

I have shot `enough` of those one target wonders, to be pretty confident that it`s only a matter of a couple more tries to make a top 10 at the hide...take away the two strays
frown.gif
and there is a couple 4 rnd groups measuring .394 and .291.
Thanks for the challenge, it was fun.

OK, I'll go next.
RRA 24" Varmint A4 24"
26gr RL-15 55gr NBT (hunting rounds)

contest223002.jpg

contest223001.jpg

contest223003.jpg

The targets the one in the background, not the bow target. Shot from bench with rear bag.

Last edited:
Congrats boone3380 you just took 1st place!
thumbup.gif

Very nice shooting there. Wish I had a shooting range like you do. Looks like you just gave Hooked another reason to get out there again!

Originally Posted By: dmpowderCongrats boone3380 you just took 1st place!
thumbup.gif

Very nice shooting there. Wish I had a shooting range like you do. Looks like you just gave Hooked another reason to get out there again!

Yes, nice shooting boone3380...I knew there was good reason to go first
lol.gif
Now come on someone post a try thats don`t beat mine so ol` Hooked don`t get to feeling bad.
Another very nice evening in regards to weather, so maybe I`ll give it another effort. I`m considering trying to anneal some brass or start with fresh to try and eliminate them fliers. IDK...any secrets you care to share?
huh.gif

Back