It begins....

well here it is...nothing fancy, Just a Model 25N Marlin I recieved for my 12th birthday
I am now 29 and this gun made it through my teens when I used to just beat on my things and pay no attention to cleaning the bbl or oiling the gun ETC.. It has Countless rounds down the bbl... lots of dings and scratches... But I decided to to go out and shoot it last week and at 35 yards i had one hole that was barely even ragged. This micro Grove bbl is a tack driver. Scope is a centerpoint 4-16x44 AO and IR mildot scope I robbed off my camoed air rifle thats why the scope is painted lol... a few weeks ago I did the trigger job on this gun it went from around 7 lbs pull down to 2.9 lbs now
Very crisp clean break
I think is is a beach stock ???? I dunno it is what was on it from the factory
Dont mind the horrible wall paper..lol.. We just bought the house a couple months back and this is a storage room/ kids play room
We painted the rest and I didnt get to painting this yet
DSCF9049.jpg

DSCF9051.jpg

DSCF9055.jpg

DSCF9056.jpg

Cool....

I especially dig those space age looking scope mounts.
I noticed a 22 round in the tray under the forend. Beings it's the kiddy room, don't let one of the curtain-climbers swallow it. Lead poisoning is some bad ju-ju for chilluns. While your at it, best check the paint on the crib and toys, too. The chinamans are trying to poison our new generation. Can't be too careful, these days. thanks

No ammo left in there the mag fell out when i set the gun up for a pic. The mounts are shoot through? They have open bottom so you can also use iron sights which i removed last time i cleaded the gun. No lead paint had house inspected befor purchase actually everything was bare wood the only paint is what we put on.

CP-sounds like a real shooter and a dandy squirrel rifle plus it has a 'history' which makes it better.

Huntsman/HH-here is another pic with better detail of my Volquartsen 'muzzle weighted' barrel on my vintage walnut stocked, metal buttplated 10-22. It fits the standard stock contour and then flares out to .920 for 6" or so. That way I can get the accuracy without the weight-well at least in my view-lol.

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

Good looking rifles huntsman. I grew up shooting 39As so I've got a bit of a soft spot for Marlins.
wink.gif

Nice rig Popper. I have a 25M that does a good job. I put a lighter spring in the trigger and helped that a bunch.

Nice TnTnTn.. I didn't think the contour looked quite right for a GM but I couldn't remember who else made a weight forward. Looks like those squirrels have headaches.
wink.gif

Back