Small game and ruger mkiii pics

Ruger? Why?......

IMG_1479.jpg

While I dont have any pics
My Ruger MKIII has knocked down many many crows and squirrels as well as a few coons and fox too

I can hit soda cans with the open sights out to 75 yards when I do my part and with the Red Dot I have on it I can stretch those soda cans right out to a tad over 100

Originally Posted By: crowpopperWhile I dont have any pics
My Ruger MKIII has knocked down many many crows and squirrels as well as a few coons and fox too

I can hit soda cans with the open sights out to 75 yards when I do my part and with the Red Dot I have on it I can stretch those soda cans right out to a tad over 100

Wow! Thats impressive. Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted By: EasternPredHunterAnyone got pics and "stats" of small game shot with a ruger mkiii. Gonna pick one up and wanted some success pics.

I'd guess that if crow and coon pics aren't forthcoming, we'd have to settle for 100 yard successfully night-killed popcan pics......

Fox and coon doesnt open until oct 24. Dont worry there will be plenty of crow pics in a week or so. Crow is opened here now ( last week opener). But its only friday. Saturday. Sunday monday. I work weekends but will be getting out soon for them too as well as rabbit season!!! By the way nice woodsman my dad has one and its a good shooter i am just not a fan of the looks

I cant stand what Ruger let the lawyers do to the MKIII.

I've got a couple MKIIs that I like much more than the new models. I don't have any good pics but here is one of my 22/45 5 1/2 inch.

Scan14.jpg

Yea some of the stuff they do to "lawyer proof" these guns is soso
But I shot mine for a long time as it was plain stock
Then after she was broke in nice and good
I polished the trigger, removed the Mag disconnect lock
and lapped the bbl

well here is a soso pic I took today with my Ipod this Chipper wouldnt stay out of the garage and I had enough so I popped him. Nothing major just 37 yards he was sitting up looking around I was propped on my shooting sticks

this pic is with my Night time set up
I have a Kill light XLR100 hooked onto the gun using their universal quick mount. I can Identify coons and Fox and whatever else out to 100 yards pretty decent and at night I am not going to shoot past 30-40 anyways so this is perfect the gun balance very good yet doent fit the holster with the scope and light but I carry it in a bag similar to the one posted above
47F7393C.jpg

542B70A9.jpg

What? no laser? You need to get more stuff to hang off it......

Maybe even one of those pistol bay-o-nets. You can always find another bag to carry it around in. Think pointy one....

Lol. No bayonet! The light fits in my vest pocket fine and the pistol with the reddot fits in the blackhawg holster nicely but if i wanna leave light on it. It goes in the bag

The bayonet just makes so much sense. 'specially for a night hunter liken yerself. Why, whatever would you do if, perchance, your ammo is gone and that mean ol' boar comes down the tree to do fang-to-hand combat witcha? Just don't try to meskin carry it like a belly-gun......

I hunt the little pine/red squirrels here in the Rockies of CO with a Ruger MK II 22/45, 6 7/8" BBL, and a 4X simmons pistol scope:

31230Ruger_2245_comp_scope.jpg

i have it zeroed at 25 yards cause i cant seem to hold it still enough to go much farther. that gun, bench-rested will do about 0.30 inch groups.

Handgun hunting is very addictive. i have even taken the little squirrels with my Ruger MK II 22/45 4" BBL with iron sites. now THAT will get you hooked on hunting again!

Last edited:
crowpopper said:
Fox and coon doesnt open until oct 24. Dont worry there will be plenty of crow pics in a week or so. Crow is opened here now ( last week opener). But its only friday. Saturday. Sunday monday. I work weekends but will be getting out soon for them too as well as rabbit season!!! By the way nice woodsman my dad has one and its a good shooter i am just not a fan of the looks [/quote/]

Any crows?

Last edited:
Back