Can I camfer my case mouths each time I reload?

When case length requires that I trim then I chamfer. I wouldn't say I down load, but I don't run my .17 Remingtons at max velocity either. Better accuracy, case life, barrel life and less copper build up means more to me than another 200 fps.

I trim when case length dictates it and only chamfer/debur new cases and after trimming. I don't do it any more often because it is not a favorite activity of mine. I also subscribe to the removing material theory - you are indeed removing material. How much material and the associated effects are debateable, but I guess I would have to see some sort of tangible benefit to make me consider the brass removal and extra work.

Originally Posted By: Matt N.When case length requires that I trim then I chamfer. I wouldn't say I down load, but I don't run my .17 Remingtons at max velocity either. Better accuracy, case life, barrel life and less copper build up means more to me than another 200 fps.

And when you find a varmint that can tell me the difference in that extra 200/300fps then what I'm shooting I'll push it up.

Back