Wyoming Weekend II, anyone...???

As of right now I haven't seen one single license fee paid, except RanUtah was here and payed his in person. DAA, If your headed this way e-mail me and I'll get you my phone number so you can look me up and pay your license fees. I seen your video the other day and from the way you hammer the prairie dogs you guys might have to pay twice. Every one else better get their money in or you won't see any prairie dogs. I will e-mail them and tell them you are coming.

Hey Cal "It's in the mail" I'm sure everyone will get theirs taken care of before they set out too. Does this fee take care of the weather too. I expect to see 75 degrees with light breezes.
At any rate there's going to be two guys from Missouri there. Who else is coming. Been kind of watching here to see who all might make it. Looking forward to seeing everyone Sat.
REM

Cal,

Don't you dare try to email those buggers! For one thing, Prarie Dogs are notorious spammers and will sell your email addy to every male organ enhancement and pyramid grocery buying scheme out there! Secondly, I coulda sworn I gave my fee money to Randy, so's he could pay it to you personally. Hmmmm....

Here's what I understand as a fairly updated RSVP list:

On the "in attendance" side, we have...

dogcatcher223
Moose57
REM
Hollowpoint
Utah223
littlejoe

...as well as any family and friends they may bring.

Those on the "iffy" side...
Yours Truly, scattergunner
Mike Paul
Cal Taylor (you aint just gonna collect our fees without joining us, are ya?)
RanUT
13Fox
Stormbringer

Those definately not coming...
Ingrid Newkirk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Rudedawg
yoteeee
DAA
Dr. Yotee

I think that about covers it for now...

Sorry Scattergunner, but I try to avoid that side of the state at all costs. And I'm not much of a prairie dog shooter. I have shot out several rifle barrels over the years shooting them and I guess maybe I kinda burnt myself out on them also. I do have a little town right behind my house and a 9 year old boy and 6 year old girl that will torture them unmercifully with the single shot 22 this summer. So that will be about all the prairie dog hunting I can stand.

Had a ball saturday,
Just kinda wondering if everyone els did ok too?
I ended up goin south below the road, got a flat tire, after only exploding about 3 pdogs thought the trip was going to be a bust. then OHHH MY GOSH. Went 100 yards spotted a town, then another, another, another, just kept seein them.
after 180 shells and about 7 o'clock, had to go. I was suprised to know the cell worked there and got some good news.I'm gonna be a dad. so i appoligise for gettin out of there without contactin someone some how, but i had a ball. I had some flyers and had to high 5 myself, especially in that wind.This was my first pdog hunt so thanks to you guys for showing them to me.I am eager to know how yall did?

Glad to hear you had a good time, little joe! And congrats on the upcoming new, little, little joe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I wish I could have been there Saturday, but it sounds like you had a good time. Nothing like a successful first hunt!

I'm dying to hear about everyone else's experience. Who all ended up going? How did everything work out?

Nothing better than a target rich environment! Cody and I spent the day with Hollowpoint. We had a blast! (Pun intended). Little Joe was right, plenty to shoot at. I would guess we got around 200 between the 3 of us. Too busy shooting to count 'em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The weather was beautiful. Mid 70's. Breezy. (But isn't it always?) We tried out 2 new shooting tables I made. What a difference! It was worth the time and money it took to build them. The kill ratio went way up. I don't think I'll be going back to prone or shooting sticks. We shot until around 7:30. Hated to go home. So many targets, so little time. Now to start planning WW III!

Paul

Sounds like you guys really got into some good towns. We probably should have stuck around little longer but it looked like the shooters might have the p.d.s outnumbered. We really enjoyed the trip. Got to put some faces with names and saw some new countrty. We shot several towns on the way home. One place we had shot before we couldn,t find our contact or the owner so we passed on it for this trip. We found out today they were both gone for the weekend. Need to plan ahead a little better.

Moose I'm glad the benches worked out so well. Sometimes bipods and prone are the best way but it is sure hard on the old carcass. Cody is sure a fine looking boy and good to see him out shooting with you. They grow up too soon and other interests pull them away. My boy went with us every year till the last couple and I'm looking forward to the time his life settles down enough he go's again. I'm sure he will as he always loved it and was usually a better shot than the old man.
Glad the p.dogs cooperated.

REM

Well I guess every group has to have a loser and I'm it on this trip. Split up and went looking on my own and the dogs were few and far between. Ran into Littlejoe and he'd found a few but the area he was shooting was so flat he was forced to shoot off the top of his rig. Unfortunately the wind was blowing the rig around too much for him to have much sucess. I drove to the top of the butte and found a couple of big dogs which the Swift atomized in short order. The AR was too light in those winds and I couldn't hold it steady enough to hit at long distances. I didn't get into many dogs untill I got about a mile from the highway. After about 30 rounds in gail force winds the dogs were down for good and the day was done. The hits I made in that last area required over a foot of windage at 200 yards for any regular hits. It was windy! All in all a fun day and some spectacular scenery up there. It's great to turn a full 360 degrees and the only sign of civilization is the dirt road you came in on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

REM
It was good to meet you guys. Thanks for the kind words. Wish we could have spent a little more time together. It did look a little like slim pickin's when you left. I hope you had as much fun as we did.

TWOTWENTYSWIFT
Sorry you didn't have much success. I wish you had stayed with us. More than enough dogs for all of us. We ended up going on top of that butte we were in front of when you left us. We pretty much shot steady once we got up on top until about 7:30. Then it was time to head home. We will have to get together and try this again.

Anyone up for WW III?

Paul

No problem Paul, I'd go back up there just for the scenery and open spaces. If there are a few prarie puppys to pop so much the better. Now if you could just do something about that wind........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No problem, TWOTWENTYSWIFT! Just let me know the day and the wind will be taken care of! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Paul

Back