Wyoming Weekend II, anyone...???

scattergunner

Anybody up for inflicting further carnage on P-Dogs and such in Westren Wyoming in the fairly near future?

I figure the weathers got to be letting up soon, either that or I'm going to be looking for a good set of arc plans! I know a few of us who went last time talked doing it again towards the end of May. And I couldn't help but notice as I came into work this morning that it appears May has snuck up and sprung itself on us.

May 17 or May 24 (yeah, I know it's Memorial Day weekend) are about the only two dates I have open at this point. But if the 31st works out better for the majority, go and have a good time and I'll catch y'all on the next excursion. Either that or try and find a way out of or around my conflicting engagement.

BTW, any PM'er is invitied. I imagine this has the greatest appeal to those in the three corners area of UT, ID, WY. But I'll never under estimate the possibility of a "roadie" breaking out for someone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

scattergunner,

The longer you wait, the better. By the end of May you might be able to shoot 3 or 4, where only one was standing a few weeks ago if you know what I mean....

A target rich environment is a happy environment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shoot for the 31st of May. I plan on being up there somewhere on the prairie....
-MP

I am sorry to inform you guys that Wyoming has installed a non-resident hunting fee for prairie dogs and other varmints. It especially applies to guys from Utah, but is taken on a case by case basis. If you hunted last time without paying this fee, then this time is double. You can be charged by the day or by the dog, however you prefer. All approvals must come from my house and all fees sent directly to me and i will make sure they get to the proper place. ( My pocket). Please contact me (not the game and fish) for futher info.

Just kidding of course.............

Hey Cal,
The check is in the mail! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The 31st would probably work out best for me also. I have an invite for next weekend, but I'm not sure I can make that. Either way, count Cody and me in for the 31st. Are you coming RanUtah? How 'bout yoteeee? 13fox? Scattergunner, change your plans. This is much more important than anything else. :eek:

Paul

MP,

I'm sure this will come as no surprise to you, but I think you're absolutely right about waiting longer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Seeing that daytime low temps around that area will be hitting just south of the freezing point still probably won't make for real active critters anytime soon. I learned the importance that warmth, sun, and a good sunscreen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (I should have had one on... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) plays last time a bunch of us attempted this. So scratch my overly optimistic suggestion of the 24th and let's plan on the 31st. My chances of being there are kind of iffy, mainly because I will be camping the night before and into that day with my 4 year old son. Maybe I can combine it with this trip, but I wonder how he'd be. Of course, the 7th of June is an option as well. Mike, I hope you meet up with us somewhere, if this goes down on the 31st. The last group of guys wasn't all that scary, just ask Randy...well, except for maybe yoteeee (Ken), but that was mostly just his driving! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Anyway, it'd be nice to meet you.

Cal,

ROFL! I rie chek??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well, assuming we Utahoos are found eligible for our State o' Wyo p-dog papers and pay the surcharge (Man! This hunting gets more expensive every year! My wife is gonna kill me!) does this mean that you're going to come down and meet up with us to collect said fees and maybe show us a thing or two about the right way to shoot a Wyoming prairie dog?

You may want to get cash in hand as soon as possible... I have a feeling that checks from a few of the last crew we had would tend to "rubberize" in the mail... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Maybe....Maybe....Maybe....

I'm thinkin'....I'm plannin'.....I'm scheme-in'....

We'll have to see how "things" work out before I can commit.... but am hopeful!

Scattergunner
Sounds like you about have this thing put together. Is there room for a couple of guys from Missouri. Don't want to crash the party if the crowd is getting too big but would like to get out that way and shoot some P.Ds.
REM

Aaaahhhh... :eek: How'd I get put in charge of this thing again... If only you guys knew what a flake I normally am...LOL!

13Fox, c'mooooooonnnnnn... you know you what another crack at those little buggers, sans cast. It is off now, or will be by then right?

REM, (Is that in homage to the 80's pop band or short for remington? Inquiring minds want to know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) We'd love to have you along. Just understand that this is going to be fairly casual and low key. It's not like there'll be a registration table and souvenir T-shirts, or anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just a bunch a fellers with high-powered rifles, cappin' rodents! If you're looking for lodging, the "biggest" towns in the area would probably be Ft. Bridger, Evanston, and Rock Springs. There's lots of camping areas if you go that route.

Dogcatcher 223, where in CO are you at? Just curious.

Scattergunner
Not much on 80's pop bands- Remington would be ok but really REM is just my initials. Not too fancy but it works.
Informal suits us fine. Camping is a definite possibility. Not sure how things will go on this end but always try to get somewhere to shoot a few pd's around first of June and love to see different country.
Thanks REM

Scattergunner, Mike Paul, Moose 57, etc:

I would be interested in joining the group for a p-dog trip on the 31st. Hopefully we will have some decent weather by then. I look forward to meeting all of you guys - sounds like it will be fun!

Sorry I had to wait soooooo long to chime in, but I had to take a road trip to Tucson and just got back (and it looks like I might have to turn around and go back again by Monday).

I know your just doing this schedule thing to keep me out, aren't you? Your ESP must be working overtime to keep up with my out of town trips, yaa, its back to Buffalo time again! 31st is out! The 24th, and 7th are questionable at best.

Hey scattergun, whats this about my driving? I didn't see you bailing out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cal If you would post your address for us, we would be more than happy to send some rubber checks signed in prarie dog blood! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I live in Loveland Colorado which is near Fort Collins. I am about an hour from Laramie. I might be moving to Laramie this fall so heading out to shoot some dogs would also give me a chance to see the area. I am going to try and make it if I can. Sounds like a blast. If nothing else it is nice to get out of town. And i have never shot p-dogs before so even one kill would be fun.

Hey Cal, maybe I can drop by and pay my license fee in person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . I'll be in your area shooting p-dogs the whole first week of June.

- DAA

I may be interested. I need a good P-dog hunt before i go to Basic Training and can't go hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif .

I'll keep in touch.

REM -

C'mon out! If you decide to camp, there's several good places to do so in that area. Let me know if you need help nailing down a place. Of course, if you don't mind extremely primitive accomedations, you can make camp on just about any chunk of the thousands of acres of BLM land around there.

Hollowpoint -

We've "talked" (via email) before, no? Glad to see you're onboard! And let me heartily officially welcome you to PM!

Rudedawg -

Of Course! Long as anyone has the ways and means to, PM'ers from Kentucky, Maine, Georgia, Canada or South Africa, for that matter, could come if they were so inclined. We'd love to have you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

yoteeee (aka - The Road Warrior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) -

If you don't make the 31st, we'll definately have an excuse for another trip not far beyond that! (helps pitch it to the wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) BTW, when it comes to a choice between likely death and certain death, I'll play the odds everytime! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just giving you a hard time on the driving thing, man! I got to tease you about you're driving down off of some of them buttes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I never knew I could reach for the "O.S." handle and break into prayer so quickly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dogcatcher223 -

Hey, I know where Loveland is. I was thinking seriously about moving out towards Ft. Collins awhile back for a job. Maybe going to grad school in Laramie myself, if I can get them to accept my sorry, out-of-state butt. So, you're about 5 or 6 hours from where we'll be shooting. Wasn't sure if you were a little closer, like over towards Craig or Rifle. Just trying to get an idea where everyone is coming from.

Dr. Yotee -

By all means, come on out! And way to go on your decision to enter the military! Keep your eyes on this thread for ongoing developements and updates.

Scattergunner, yeah i figure the drive might not be bad. I would just hop on I-80 and haul ass. I would like to come if I can swing it. A buddy of mine is up for it too. Be fun to meet new people and BS for the weekend! Wish my AR was going to be done by then, oh well.

Back