anyone using one of these for squirrels

Ernest II

I recently picked up a Ruger MK III hunter and should have my Browning buck mark out of lay away in a week or two. Wanted to see if any of you are using one of these two pistols for squirrels. Sights, scope, how far you shooting consistantly on them?
Thanks
Daryl P.

my wife has a Mark III I don't think its the hunter model though. Its a swet shooting little gun, with the heavy barrel and all. You should be able to do a number on the squirrels with a little preactice. Personally I use the Ruger Single Six. I can do better with it than I am though... I know a few guys on here use the Marck III, check the thread "handguns for squirrels" or somthing like that. I saw one guy has one with a holographic sight on his.

they do pretty well with open sights. My dad does really well with his. He hits squirrels out to 35 yards right in the sweet spot. you can probably do better with a scope but with practice, I would say it is 50 yards capable.

I've toasted a few squirrels with my buckmark it can be challenging but it is fun, i use a red dot
thumbup.gif

my cousin takes his MarkIII coon hunting. He has a laser grip for it and it works pretty good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ernest III recently picked up a Ruger MK III hunter and should have my Browning buck mark out of lay away in a week or two. Wanted to see if any of you are using one of these two pistols for squirrels. Sights, scope, how far you shooting consistantly on them?
Thanks
Daryl P.

This is What I use for Squirrels!! Browning Buckmark

Last edited:

Jeff,

That is a sweet looking pistol. I'll bet it shoots sweet too.

I used to have a model 41 S&W, notice I said "used to." What a fool I was for trading it off.

That is a nice lookin buckmark man I like them grips, you get them from altamont?

100_2796.jpg

This is my blacked out camper, shoots awesome even with bulk ammo.

Last edited:
I relay dint remember!! I bought them about 3 years ago. Walnut and they make a big difference. The sight has 4 reticals but I just leave it on the 3mil dot.

i use my Mk II target and just love to feed the neighbors with what i kill....have a feed every couple weeks in the backyard...

Back