What ever happened to the knife forum?

RePete

I had a sweet old carbon steel Camillus Jack gifted to me by a member but I ain't got no place to show it off.
frown.gif

I think a better attemt to get a `special` place for knives and blades would have been for everyone that replied to the two or three threads, to start a NEW one...just thinkin`

The thread is still running.

It has been running 5 weeks with 117 posts. several of them from the same posters.

I love the knives, guys. They are addictive. But when we go for 3 or 4 days with no posts in the single knife thread, I just can't see enough interest for a dedicated forum.

You are more than welcome to post in this forum. I love to see the pics and read the info and if it looks like there is some sustained interest I will sure ask for a dedicated forum.

C'mon, man
grin.gif

There are 3 knife threads on the first couple pages of "Other Calling Eqpt. and Critter Getting Techniques" forum also.

How about we retitle it Knives, Blades, and Other calling Equipment"?

Then we have a knife forum without having to create a new forum?

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunC'mon, man
grin.gif

There are 3 knife threads on the first couple pages of "Other Calling Eqpt. and Critter Getting Techniques" forum also.

A very big PLUS ONE,

grin.gif

I\ll check it out.
grin.gif

Any one else want to weigh in on this?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yotehunter57 What ever happened to the knife forum??

It got the AXE! HA HA HA

Shayne

Dang Shayne!
That remark cut me clean to the bone!
lol.gif

I think a knife forum would be a great addition to the site.
99.9% of the folks on here carry and use knives every day.
thumbup1.gif

grin.gif

+1. That would work.

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110Originally Posted By: 2muchgunC'mon, man
grin.gif

+1. That would work.

Works for me!

I have some knives to show.If it gets to be a real forum I will have to learn how to post up pictures.I like to see knives others have best though.

grin.gif

I could go for something like that.

Just random threads here and there ,just aren't the same.

Have a spot for the knives and the pics will flow.

Another way to think of it Frog, if there was a dedicated knife forum, custom knife makers would have a venue to peddle there wares. Potential lane of revenue for the site from additional sponsorships. If I were in the business of production and knew of a captive audience/potential client base of more than 30,000 individuals that was ready made and interested in my type of product, it would warrant a look see to me.

Personally, I don't know enough about knives and the grades of materials in which they are made. Being able to converse with someone who is knowledgeable of the metallurgy and engineering of a quality blade could only be beneficial in my mind.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: tnshootistChupa,besides that they could tell us the stuff they make em out of.(I hate smart A$$,don't you)

Why didn't I think of that?

Chupa

Back