Walking Call... I mean, Call Cane... er... well, take a look!

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Decided to see if this could be done... It could.

Dancing with the one who brung me to the lathe here... the enclosed reed predator call is where RainShadow began. Starting in on these sticks, I decided to put them together.

This is a first for me.

T handle gentleman's cane, Black Walnut, with a spalted Maple band. Cocobolo peg, rubber bumper.

T handle is a Black Walnut centered enclosed reed predator call (Double reed, tweaked to blow real smooth fawn bleats when it's used gently, but gets rough, raspy and panicky when it's wailed on.) Bell is Sapelle, mouthpiece is Irish Bog Oak.

Take a look...

DSCN8500.jpg

DSCN8501.jpg

DSCN8503.jpg

DSCN8504.jpg

This isn't fancy materials for the most part, it's a first, and a bit of an experiment... factoring that in, and observing the sub-retail market, I need $70 delivered in the USA for it.

Thanks for looking! (And for supporting my sawdust deliquency!

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleThat's what I call 'multifunctional',,,,Now, if it just had a sword in it...
tongue_smilie.gif

Sword heck, it should be a shooting stick too...
thumbup.gif

Why bring a knife to a gunfight?

I missed this walking stick/caller the 1st time around. But since Boo5908 brought it back up.........

How about a set of shooting sticks with a jackrabbit on one stick and cottontail or coaxer on the other.
smile.gif

Ha! I still have this cane... Have a friend with a gimp, I should donate it to him!

Not a bad idea for quick calling while walking in, not practical while on stand [beeep]. Shooting stick calls.

Too busy for fun right now... (Sigh.)

Back