Interarms trigger help please!

pyscodog

Long story short (I hope). A friend from out of town bought a highly modified (custom) Commercial Interarms action rifle. I hope that kinda discribes it. He didn't like the extremely light trigger so he tried to adjust it and a piece of trigger part fell out of the trigger assembly. Its shaped like a wedge. He asked me to see if my smith could repair it. I took the barreled action to my smith and got a call today claiming he could not fix it cheaply. It basically needs a trigger.

Question: Is this just a basic mauser action/ trigger assembly? (The trigger in the action doesn't look like a regular mauser type trigger.) Can a mauser style trigger be used in the Interarms action? I'm sorta lost on the Mauser stuff.

Last edited:
IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

look like this action?

Thanks chunks7mm, but the trigger in this rifle looks nothing like that one. That sorta the problem, its a totally inclosed trigger assembly. I'm figuring its an after market of some kind, but my smith has never seen it before either. There are no markings, name or numbers of any kind on the housing. I'm thinking the best thing to do is return it to the owner and let him figure it out. I'm getting to much travel time back and forth to the smith and no compensation for mileage. Seems these "Good Buddy Deals" just cost me money and get nothing in return. I recently did a few "deals" with round trip mileage around 30 miles, twice, and got a $2.00 tip. I think I might have went in the hole on those.LOL

I think your friend should find a different "smith". On a different note: some of the Spanish Mausers had a fully enclosed trigger assembly.
G

FYI, My friends smith is my smith and has fixed about everything you can imagine. I took it to my smith as a favor to him. His reason for not fixing it is its not a normal mauser type trigger and its not in any of the catalogs where he gets his replacement parts. Looks nothing like a mauser, timney, jard, bold or any normal mauser type action trigger. Its not that he can't fix it, its just going to cost more than my friend(gun owner) wants to put in it. My friend thought it would be a cheap easy fix. Sometimes changing out a mauser trigger requires more than just knocking out a pin and replacing the trigger with another. Sometimes the stock will rub on the trigger, sometimes the trigger will rub the trigger guard, ect. It just isn't always that easy and time is money. This ain't my smiths first rodeo so.... If it was easy all the time we wouldn't need gunsmiths. On a different note, if you read my original post, it said it was a commerical Interarms action, not a spanish mauser. Sorry for the attitude, but my smith is one of the old timers that fix firearms not replace parts.

A new BOLD can be fitted to just about any Mauser for $100.00 or less. If the rifle isn't worth $100.00 to your buddy, tell him I'll buy it for the Hundred and fix it myself.
wink.gif

My, my, must have touched a nerve. I believe your original question was:

"Question: Is this just a basic mauser action/ trigger assembly? (The trigger in the action doesn't look like a regular mauser type trigger.) Can a mauser style trigger be used in the Interarms action? I'm sorta lost on the Mauser stuff."

I was simply implying that your gunsmith should have been able to answer that question when he looked at the rifle.As CAFR said earlier--"A new BOLD can be fitted to just about any Mauser for $100.00 or less".

G

So is it a Mark X??

If it is a mark X, it should have a sliding thumb safety.

Looking at the RH side (bolt side) of the rifle, and assuming the start of the trigger to be @ 6 0'clock:

Moving counter-clockwise-- @ 5 o'clock there should be a safety adjustment screw. @ 3 o'clock there should be a weight of pull adj. screw(with a nut).

Moving clockwise from 6 0'clock(the trigger)---there should be an overtravel adj. screw @ 7 o'clock(with a nut) and a sear adj. screw at about 9 o'clock(with a nut on it).

If it doesn't look like this, then it has an aftermarket trigger in it already......

swampcrawler- Ya, you kinda touched a nerve but no biggy. My smith is retired and can fix about anything except a broken heart and is really good to me, so ya, I got a little dander up. My smith has said he could use a mauser trigger, but from a previous mauser rifle he and I worked on, was a PITA. This rifle has a few other issues that needed to be addressed besides the trigger. The saftey felt like it was broken and was in need of repair also. A previous Mauser we worked on had really been jacked up and it took about 6 hours and alot of cussing before we made it right. I say WE cause he needed someone to grip at and I was the one. The owner is a dealer and he paid waaay to much money for the rifle to start with. Another $100+ and he will never turn it. My smith said he just would rather not mess with it. Ypu can get a Bold trigger for under $50. or use to and that would be a cheap fix but the owner is capable of doing this,I Think.

2much- The trigger itself has two holes in the bottom of it. Counterclockwise, there is one set screw. Clockwise there is one set screw. The trigger is completely inclose in a metal housing similar to a Remmy or the like. I'm assuming its aftermarket.

Thanks guys

Back