Jack rabbits

d2admin

Administrator
Jack rabbits, one of my all time favorite varmints. I consider jump shooting them with a rifle to be the best practice for game shooting there is. After getting "tuned up" on jacks, coyotes seem prety big and slow and easy to hit, deer are impossible to miss. Not to mention, jump shooting jacks is some of the most fun a guy can have with a rifle!

For those of you who also like getting after the jacks with a rifle, here's a clip from my video, taken from a hunt last December. It's 2.5MB, so give it some time.

Enjoy!

30 Rabbits in 75 seconds

- DAA

Dave,
Whatever my problem was before, it looks like it is fixed now with a upgraded download for Windows Media player. The clip came in nice and clear.

I was out by Mr. Robert's (Jack's) nieghborhood this last weekend and saw some jacks, but was looking to call in a couple of dogs so I held off. I'm going back out there again in a few weeks and drop in at Jack's house.

If you guys enjoyed the clip, you really need to see the video Dave and Tim have put together. Great shots, plus a lot of information on rifles, calibers, and just plain fun are some of the things this video has to offer.

We will be giving 3 Varmint Safari videos away at the PM Raffle. -MP

Nice video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Your jack rabbits seem very similar to our brown hare.

What is "jump shooting"? It's not a term I've heard before.

Take care.

Pete

Pete, I don't know that "jump shooting" is really even a proper term, but that's what we call it. What we mean by that, is that we just go walking around in the brush with our rifles, kicking up the rabbits, pretty much like you might do bird hunting.

Just shipped a copy of my video to a "Peter" in England last week too, by the way!

- DAA

As one of the first to have received Dave's video, I have about got it worn out already. Might make a good vehicle to do a study for the answer the question.... just how many times can a VHS tape can be played before its gives out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Every shooting buddy that comes over sees it, and most want to see it again.

Have a pard coming up from Texas end of month to stay with me and to do my LJR. The ranch I'll be taking him to is 32 sections of Medicago that are completely over ran with jacks, badger and pronghorns. It'll be night hunting with gun mounted spots, and our weapons of choice will be the Hummers (17HMR). We both have NightBlasters for our guns that are very effective and easy to use in the field. I also use a Brinkmann to scan the fields from the truck. While not as much exercise as Dave and Tim's "jump shooting" gets, it is a fun way to put down a heck of a lot of jack's in short order for the rancher's I do ADC for. Hope our ammo supplies hold out! (not to worry - I'll also take a couple of 17 Ackley Hornets for backup)

nb100.jpg

nb350.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you like the video!

Ladobe, that fella from Texas, would that be my favorite Texan? The one with the new Cooper HMR? You guys will have TOO much fun!

- DAA

Larry,
A sweet setup indeed! I second that "too much fun" comment too! Get out there and give em hell... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif -Mike

Dave -
That be him.... the Kitty King of Texas. We'll do the jack varmints one or two nights - the rancher gives me a 5th wheel to stay in on the ranch. Might even go call a lion or two (lots of them on the ranch). We'll also do the varmints on The Strip a night or two now that we are both footloose and free and over 21. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mike -
Really like the NightBlasters - very light weight and power to burn. As close as Bill and I have become, I am sure we WILL HAVE FUN!!! You better be getting down here one of these days too pard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Larry

Chris, I had to move the clip so it wouldn't get any more hits. My website is only allotted 20GB of bandwidth a month. That's a LOT. But, as of a few days ago, with two weeks left to go in the month, I'd already used up 15GB of it.

Sorry...

- DAA

Ladobe

That's a sharp set up in pic. 1 with the red lens. How long do you get on a charge with normal use? And do you know of an outfit that sells them on-line? good luck n' good huntin'

---
Nevermind, found them. Optronics Nightblaster Compact and Max Gun Lights - Cabela's

Back