One man's junk..........

2muchgun

I needed a new cleaver so I went to look on flea bay. Found this really nice Kutmaster(Utica, NY) in great shape. I have about a half dozen knives made by Utica/Kutmaster and am very familiar with them. It just happened to come with a couple others in a nice leather folder. I have a total of $18 and about an hour's worth of elbow grease into them. The Cleaver was already nice, and probably worth twice what I paid for the whole set. All USA made and built solid. Nice wood too. I think I done good. Here is what they look like now.....

cf4f800b.jpg

9882db40.jpg

7de80d38.jpg

0405c842.jpg

961dc61c.jpg

0f156bc5.jpg

cd5594cf.jpg

963cf4e9.jpg

9c4d9cf2.jpg

671cba58.jpg

Heck, you can't even buy a Chinkwanese set for $18. The quality of this set is very good and I like "saving" old quality American made products.

So what have you "brought back to life"?

Chinkwanese
lol.gif
lol.gif
yep looks like you did good.
I have been wanting to buy a nice set of kitchen cutlery..all we have is old worn out chinkawanese garbage..
Everytime I price a nice set though, I get sticker shock..besides if I bought a nice set the mrs. would probably haul them off to the garden and use as a trenching tool or sumthin.

What exactly is the knife? I've never seen one of that design. A deboning Nike with a hack saw blade for bone?

Last edited:
I had a miscellaneous mess of kitchen knives for years with a few good Cutcos mixed in. About a 1.5 yrs ago I bought a set of Wusthof Classics. At first the wife had sticker shock, but now she said she likes having good knives. Buy once, cry once. They last a lifetime.

Happy birthday......

Excellent find! I like that and a really cool case. What steel did they use in those blades?

Shane, it says "carve-n-saw on it". Pretty cool knife but I don't know much about it. The saw is very sharp like you could hack a damm tree down with it. Has nice wood on it too.......

I really don't know. I would venture to say the cleaver is 1095. It is of MUCH heavier construction than the other 2 and razor sharp. It does not appear to have ever been sharpened, not a scratch on it.......

I never find cool old stuff like this. 'Course I don't get around many places where this stuff is sold either, but I think it is neat as heck.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgun About a 1.5 yrs ago I bought a set of Wusthof Classics.

I got an 8" Wüsthof Classic Chef’s Knife a few years ago, and I use it all the time.
Maybe one day I'll try to swing the whole set!!

You done good on the Kutmasters!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunGiven the price of that rangefinder you bought you will probably have to use plastic silverware for a while
grin.gif

Yep, you're right about that.
cry.gif

Back