I just spent 2 hours on a "Varmint Safari"...

d2admin

Administrator
Received DAA's new video today, and it is really great. Entertainment factor is very high with lots of great variety in both game and locations. This video is a "must see" gentlemen!

Good job Dave - thanks for the effort and sharing it with all of us.

Hey Larry,
How have you been? Randy and I got to see some of that footage before it came out and we gave it 2 thumbs up! In fact, I just recieved 3 copies from Dave today as a donation for the PM hunt. It looks like a quality video, and it is very well packaged. I can't wait to see what Dave has added since Randy and I saw the uncut, unfinished version. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif -Mike

Glad you liked it Ladobe!

Mike, I added "a lot" to the version you saw. Actually, cut a lot out of it, for that matter. The finished product is quite a bit different.

- DAA

Hey Mike.....
More importantly, how are you doing pard? Still sitting out the inferno here, trying to get a few predator calls made in my "sweat shop". Finally gave in and moved the reloading bench into a spare room in the house so I could get some brass done. Still "making" brass for the Coop, and laid in a serious supply for the Humdinger. Will be ready for cooler weather for sure if we ever get any. Stay in touch on the side when you can pard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif back at you!

Yo Dave.....
Yep, it sure pleases me that you went to all the trouble to make a video of many of my old haunts for me. Brought back a lot of great memories. Bet I was hunting those same places 'fore you were even a sparkle in your folks eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif And its OK that you want to share it with all these other guys too BTW. Been end to end with the video about a half dozen times so far..... even has me hateing the hot desert more than even right about now and almost wishing for snow. I only said ALMOST!!! ... FCOL. Have a mild case of heat stroke maybe, but I'm not crazy enough to want "real" snow! BTW, thanks for the report on the Savage pard. Catch you on the side.

My pleasure Larry. I'm getting to feel more the same way about snow every year myself. Speaking of your old haunts, here's one that is right in your old back yard. No need to get the place trampled by saying exactly where, but lets just say it really IS your old back yard!

More Chucks

- DAA

Larry,
I'm hanging in there. The job I was running is mostly finished and the school has been open for a week now. Just trying to work out some bugs with the chiller and the roof top units. But it has taken a toll for sure. It will take some time before the burnout wears off. I am going to take a quick day trip to Wyoming tomorrow and give my trigger finger a little workout.
I will be talking to you later on the side.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dave,
Just watched your video-Varmint Safari. You and Tim did an excellent job! Anyone who shoots prairie dogs long range can really appreciate this video... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
With the coyotes, rock chucks, and rabbits included, I thought you balanced everything just right. And the areas that you hunted were very familiar to me as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It makes me wonder how many times we may have passed each other or have been hunting in the same area at the same time over the years. I'm headed up to one of those areas in an hour or 2 from now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As I mentioned above, Dave has donated 3 copies of his new video to the PM hunt prize table.
You might want to bring your own VCR to the hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BTW-I don't know what the problem is, but I can't seem to load your little film clips for some reason. I think it has to do with my media player. I will have to find out what it is and fix it.

Glad you enjoyed the video Mike. I've had a few guys tell me that the clips won't work for them. It has something to do with not having the right "player" for the file format I've been posting. Here's one in a different format, which seems to work for most of the folks having trouble with the others. The clips in this QuickTime format are larger, and the quality isn't as good, but at least it might work.

Chuck getting "Starke'd"

- DAA

If your having trouble with the clips right click on the link and click "save target as" then save it to your hard drive. Slower internet connections don't stream video well.

The reason everyone is having trouble with your film clips Dave (including on the other boards), is because of how they have their browser's set up - ie, which media player they have their browser defaulted to, and how it is configured. For example, when you post them in .wmv format at the home board, I can't open them if I am browsing with Netscape at the moment, and have to switch to Explorer to view them. That is only because I have different media players setup as default on each browser, and each will play certain formats. Its a problem you will never solve pard - you'll just have to let the masses sort it out themselves if they want to view your clips.

Tater has a good point too - but that's not why everybody is complaining about not being able to view them. Once its downloaded to a persons computer, they're not "streaming" it.

As you know, I immediately knew that in "Chuck getting Starke'd" you are at my old Pika hunting spot. Oh the memories......

Back