Squirrel rifle?

I got the benjamin trail camoflauge one

pellets are a big deal in pellet guns, if you go that route do some research on which pellets that paticular gun likes. they are all different and each gun will prefer something

I'm in the middle of going with about 6 different flavors of pellets that the benjamin seems to prefer to see which one my gun likes to shoot

I had no clue about all this until I got this gun, I was ready to chuck it over the bank because it wouldn't shoot a group. So now I've learn shooting a pellet gun is not like shooting a rifle, closer to a muzzleloader.

just a peice of advise if you go that route

164705_485468122070_512117070_5689234_5645174_n.jpg

when theyre 50 ft+ in the tree..i shoot the limb theyre on! haha

Originally Posted By: Unique03

when theyre 50 ft+ in the tree..i shoot the limb theyre on! haha

When I see them 50 feet in the air I shoot them.

The CZ's are "switch barrels" (at least the new ones are!), so you can have two guns in one- 17 or 22.

Here is a pic of mine, with my younger son's, and his has a single shot follower in it, so it can be either a single shot, or add a mag that will hold either 5 or 9, your choice. They shoot like a dream, are beautiful. Anyone would love to have one "handed down" to them.

This cell phone pic doesn't do them justice....

0609120938.jpg

06051219101.jpg

Id go with a pellet gun, alike mentioned before he will feel more involved with it and may keep his interest long if he get to carry a pellet gun and take a shot every now and then. I think you hit a something big with just being out there with him and not to worried about placing meat on the table.

Personally I like my ruger 10/22 when the leafs have dropped and .410 for the early season. going to have to check on the CZs as they look pretty nice, any one know if they make a Left Handed action? never mind I now see in the picture above that one of those is LH....

Last edited:
We have settled on a pellet fun or his Rossi with some subsonics. Like some folks mentioned, it will be more fun and he won't be scared or freaked out. He can maybe even shoot the pellet gun and I won't have to worry about the bullet ending up in the wrong place if e squirrel is on the ground.

I'm looking forward to it.

Those cz rifles look good for a few years from now.

I did not read the entire thread but,, if you are going with a pellet gun! I would suggest a PCP one of the lesser expensive pcps. The reasons being first of all you will love it and it will take squirrels with no problem to 50 yards and more. Seacond is a springer requires alot of shooting skill. A springer will discourage a new shooter and some seasond ones as well. Just my 2 cents from being a big air rifle fabatic. I had over $4000 in air rifles. The pcps Pre Charged Pneumatics in 22 cal are great for hunting and no noise or recoil.
Daryl P.

look around for a .22 lr. Its a great caliber to start kids with and probably start with a bolt action. Its good to start kids with open sights so they learn how to use them

Back