3 more hogs

Yellowhammer

Staff member
I went to fill feeders last week and brought home some sausage. I knew from my cameras that they were hanging pretty close so I came prepared. There were 8 or 9 and I got 3 before they got scarce. I got the sow first and the 2 pigs took to long getting gone.

60 grain v-max usually does the trick just fine.

Smyrnahogs6-12.jpg

Last edited:
Shot another one yesterday evening right behind the house. About the size of one the small ones in the picture.

My wife was at the kitchen sink and said, "There's a hog in the back yard."

I grabbed my 12 gauge which was loaded with #4 buckshot, slipped out the back door and laid him out.

About a month ago the hogs were rooting up the yard bad and I had the traps sets and was on hog patrol several times during the night for about a week. Ended up catching 5 in the trap (3 one night and 2 another) and blasting one big hog with the buckshot about 12:30 one night. The next day they put dogs on them on the adjacent property and the dogs ended up running about 4 miles. No hogs or sign since until yesterday evening.

Then this morning the neighbor said he saw 15-20 down by his pond. So, I guess they are back. I baited the traps again this afternoon, and just made a round with the light and shotgun before I go to bed.

I hope they don't root the yard up again.
cursing.gif

I realize the hogs are causing you problems, but I'm very jealous that you have targets/bacon running around in your backyard!! Maybe someday I'll get back to country living
smile.gif

Congrats on the hogs buddy!

There is a chest freezer in Las Vegas that is completely void of wild pork sausage, not to mention chops and other things. :)

Back