Easy recipe for tough squirrels???

whatever eat plastic and bait block filled squirrel makes no difference to me, you take them out of the forest and they truly become bushy tailed rats
and yeas we grow our own pork beef and eggs so spare me, what some thing should eat and what they Will eat are to very different things

Last edited:
"People are funny".. everyone says that but nobody laughs. I laugh..
lol.gif

Put them in a pressure cooker and let pressure cook for 7 minutes after you reach steam. Put a clove of garlic and cut up a whole onion in and put in with them, Meat will be falling off the bone....Yum Yum!

Last edited:
i like to pressure cook, pull the meat and make a pot of dumplings, or egg noodles boiled in chicken broth with a little small diced celery, carrots,garlic and green onion

This sounds weird but don't knock it till you tried it. I cook a lot of the old tough ones in the crock pot until the meat falls off the bone. Strip the meat and make meat salad out of it. Just like chicken salad except using squirrel.Yummy.

I just roll them in flour season asbut desired, @brown in skillet then put in covered dish in the oven with a little water and seasoning. Cook for 2-3 hrs. At 300-350the degrees. Don't let them boil dry. The meat will fall off the bone.

I like to just fry em up with butter but you could marinade them in tomato sauce overnight. I like to do this to venison instead of the traditional vinegar/ brine solutions.

Originally Posted By: yotegutsThis sounds weird but don't knock it till you tried it. I cook a lot of the old tough ones in the crock pot until the meat falls off the bone. Strip the meat and make meat salad out of it. Just like chicken salad except using squirrel.Yummy.

when i read this at first i was like whats so wierd about using the crock pot, then i realized . . .

Back