Wyoming Prairie Dog Hunting -- Video

Originally Posted By: Shurshotnice shoot and plenty of targets! I am curious as to what type and grain bullets you were using on the various rifles.

I'm not sure what type of bullet Merritt79 was shooting in his 223, but he said he was shooting 55gr in his 22-250.

VarmintsBeware was shooting my 204 with a 32 gr V-max and a 52 gr A-max out of my 22-250.
All bullets seems to preform very well.
The wind is always an issue and the heavier bullets help buck the wind better.

LMFAO

I just saw the video, all I do is laugh during the whole thing as merritt79 smacks them. LMAO

What a fun time and a great video. We need more "Godzilla stepping on a ketchup packet" LMAO

Wayne

Nice video chuckhunter. What camera did you use? I shot a little PD footage a couple of weeks ago with my Canon Rebel. It turned out ok, but I needed a bigger zoom. Just wondering what your setup was.

Originally Posted By: coolhandNice video chuckhunter. What camera did you use? I shot a little PD footage a couple of weeks ago with my Canon Rebel. It turned out ok, but I needed a bigger zoom. Just wondering what your setup was.

I have two cameras.
A Sony DCR-HC38 (tape) with a 40 power OPTICAL zoom. That camera does very well with that zoom.
But I wanted an all digital (chip, no moving parts camera) to mount to my scope so I could video the hunt through the scope. See the "scope cam" hunting videos on my Youtube channel.
So I bought a Sony DCR-SX85 with a 60 power OPTICAL zoom and 10 power digital zoom for a total of 70 power.
That camera is amazing, but if the camera and the target are close to the ground, you get a lot of mirage (heat waves) as you can see in this video.
The zoom is extremely powerful.
There are 3 DCR cameras in this Sony line up to choose from.
If you can deal with the chip to retrieve the video, I would recommend one of the DCR cameras.( There is a USB connecter too.)
There is one problem with these new cameras. My old one has an eye cup to put your eye up against to block out the sun.
These new cameras have a flip out screen to see what you are recording.
If that screen is out in the sun, the screen gets washed out by the sun.
The way I solved that problem was to buy a magnifying glass "hood" that blocks out the sun and magnifies the screen.
((( See the last 60 seconds of this post to see that hood.)))
That hood works great.
See the post I made about my scope cam attachment and hood setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2biwj9DKRs&list=HL1328497507&feature

I hope this helps. Good hunting / videoing.

Back