Ate up with squirrel guns

Ernest II

I have always liked squirrel hunting alot. Im getting the fever again. Use to use a 36 cal 36 in barrel muzzeloader.Recently I have picked up a wingmaster with beautiful wood, ruger mkIII stainless, buckmark contour,, and a contedor with 22lr and a 410 barrel.Now I have to decide which one to take first.Man almost forgot I got a Rem 504T also.Decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daryl P.

The 504t. There is as much sport in squirrel hunting with a shotgun as shooting grounded birds.

Take the rifle and only headshots count. Nothing behind the ear.

I always used a 22lr until i bought a 17HMR and now thats all i take. Head shots at long range is so fun. I have also taken my dads old ruger 22 pistol as well and it makes a whole new challenge. So just take a new gun everytime and find out which one works best for the style of squirrel hunting you like to do.

I have taken grey squirrels with a compound and rabbit with a recurve. Somehow with the divorce and all I have turne loose of all my archery gear. Cant seem to get back into it but woiuld love to have my black widow back.
Daryl P.

Originally Posted By: predatorhunter223you seem to have all you need except a bow!
SSquirrel huntin with your bow. the only way to go! Its soooo much fun!

If your going for Meat and the Leaves are still on then use the 870 and carrie the Ruger. When the Leaves are off use the 504. If your hunting for sport anytime use a Rifle and carrie a pistol,you never know when your gonna get a close shot.
rolleyes.gif

Back