My wife won an Armalite AR 15

lhitchcox

I am getting ready to go to the gun shop and register it. It was the big prize at a benefit last Saturday for a friend of mine who just passed away after a long bought with cancer.

What is the word on the Armalite rifles? I have seen and shot a friends AR 180, but have not really looked at an Armalite AR 15. The dealer said the OTD price on this one would have been $1100. We don't need it as we already have three ARs, but I can't turn down free.

The lower carbine in the picture is an Armalite upper that I used to own...I never had a problem with it and it was accurate...I only sold/traded it for a larger caliber rifle since I already had several other .223s and it was the one closest to the value of the other rifle...

ShortARs.jpg

I own 2 Armalite uppers and one Armalite lower. The uppers are extremely accurate and function perfectly. The lower is a National Match and has a great trigger. I have no issues with owning an Armalite. kwg

Originally Posted By: lhitchcoxI am getting ready to go to the gun shop and register it. It was the big prize at a benefit last Saturday for a friend of mine who just passed away after a long bought with cancer.

What is the word on the Armalite rifles? I have seen and shot a friends AR 180, but have not really looked at an Armalite AR 15. The dealer said the OTD price on this one would have been $1100. We don't need it as we already have three ARs, but I can't turn down free.

Am I reading that wrong? You are deliberately getting a rifle papered just to get it papered? Or do you HAVE to go to the shop to pick it up?

I wish I could win something. I have never won so much as a free cup of coffee, no kidding.

It was at the gunshop and had to be registered to take possession. I had to go and fill out the forms to be able to take it home. In the old days guns would be handed out at a benefit or banquet. Now the ATF will come down on a group if it doesn't go through a FFL and get all guns registered.

The reason my wife won it is that I can't win anything with my name on a ticket, so I conveniently put her name there. When we were called that she had the winning ticket, she had no idea she even had a ticket. It was no big deal until I told her how much it was worth. Now she wants to sell it to me. Sometimes a guy just can't win.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lhitchcox It was no big deal until I told her how much it was worth. Now she wants to sell it to me. Sometimes a guy just can't win.
laugh.gif

LMAO

Originally Posted By: lhitchcoxIt was at the gunshop and had to be registered to take possession. I had to go and fill out the forms to be able to take it home. In the old days guns would be handed out at a benefit or banquet. Now the ATF will come down on a group if it doesn't go through a FFL and get all guns registered.

The reason my wife won it is that I can't win anything with my name on a ticket, so I conveniently put her name there. When we were called that she had the winning ticket, she had no idea she even had a ticket. It was no big deal until I told her how much it was worth. Now she wants to sell it to me. Sometimes a guy just can't win.
laugh.gif

You too huh?! I put my wife's name on a ticket at the local video shop and she won a big Panasonic TV several years ago; just gave it away to be replaced by one I paid for.
frown.gif

Put her name on a ticket at local grocery store and she won two free round-trip tickets into Anchorage; valued $750.00! I put my name on the ticket and never win anything.

Originally Posted By: NitromanOriginally Posted By: lhitchcoxIt was at the gunshop and had to be registered to take possession. I had to go and fill out the forms to be able to take it home. In the old days guns would be handed out at a benefit or banquet. Now the ATF will come down on a group if it doesn't go through a FFL and get all guns registered.

laugh.gif

You too huh?! I put my wife's name on a ticket at the local video shop and she won a big Panasonic TV several years ago; just gave it away to be replaced by one I paid for.
frown.gif

Put her name on a ticket at local grocery store and she won two free round-trip tickets into Anchorage; valued $750.00! I put my name on the ticket and never win anything. Maybe that's why "I" never win anything,Ha!

Back