A new learning curve

bluealtered

Ok,i caught the lust for a ar10, never had any interest in one before but now it's a "gotta have thing", just cuz i guess.

I love to dive into research when this happens and now know theres no mil-spec for the ar10, which i didn't know before.

So parts may or may not fit from each brand, and that it's a build you better plan out before starting to throw money at it.

I have also learned that while almost everybody claims to have the best ar10 of course, some of them don't get very good reviews from people who have bought them. Sometimes because they just don't work well and sometimes because of very poor customer service.

At the moment the one i would like the most is the dpms lite hunter in .260, however it's about eight months out or be willing to pay list plus whatever the dealer wants to charge.

Thats just the way life is when it comes to firearms and i have no problem with it.

I did find a cmmg mk.III .308, (#38a20fb) that will work for me by just swapping out the barrel to the .260 i want. I had the chance to weigh it and it comes in at 7lb 10ozs empty. that works too. If your looking at ar10's do your home work, their not all mil-spec like ar15's. blue

I was kinda in the same boat as you just a couple years ago, there is a bit of a "standard" so to speak as far as parts and mags go.
DPMS/R-25/SR-25 use common parts and you can get P-Mags for all three.

I believe, but am not 100% sure that Armalite and Oly use propriatary mags and some parts.
Some one will come along shortly to correct me if wrong, good luck in your search.

BTW, I settled on a Remingtom R-25 in .308 and love it.

R25Burris.jpg

I think C.Jay is right.I had an Armalite and it used a mag almost like a M14 but the M14 wont work without mods,then it may not work as good as it should.The mag mods seem easy at first glance but are really not so easy to get right.JMO

My Armalite was flawless and when I went to 223 it held it's value for a quick sale. C.Jay I love that Remington! I'm glad to hear that it shoots. Regards

Back