All about slings for the AR15

KATTRAKER

I am looking for a good way to carry my carbine length rifle coyote hunting. I have a neoprene sling that works in the "traditional" way but I like the idea of carrying it cross shoulder on my back, pointing down. This would leave my hands free to carry shooting sticks, etc.

Any thoughts, experience, or suggestions?

V-Tac padded.
It's a two-point and works really well in the position you're describing. It also works great for cross-chest, muzzle down carry. That allows for handsfree carry for other stuff, too.
There's a quick adjusting buckle that allows for really fast and secure length adjustments. The only complaint about it is that the plastic triglides can break under enough stress. Troy markets an upgraded version with all metal hardware, but a quick trip to a place like strapworks.com will find you the replacement parts for ridiculously cheap.
Just mount it up on the non dominant side of your AR and go.

That is pretty cool. I noticed in the video that the guy had a collapseable stock and the sling was mounted to the TOP of the butt plate. Is that the only way to mount it?

KATTRACKER,

What gun are you mounting the sling on?

Looping the VCAS to the top of the stock is not the only way to mount it. I have a VCAS (unpadded version) for my RRA ATH that has an Operator CAR stock on it. I have added quick detach push buttons to both ends of the sling, which allows me to mount it to the left side of both the handrail and stock. You could add sling swivels in the same manner.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted By: WishboneVickers (VCAS) two point padded sling. Made by Blueforce Gear. Excellent quality and very comfortable!!

Yeah, that's what I'm using and it's nice.

Quote:I noticed in the video that the guy had a collapseable stock and the sling was mounted to the TOP of the butt plate. Is that the only way to mount it?

DSCN0401.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KATTRAKERHere is a pic of my attachment swivel

1339761172.jpg

Are you running a rifle lower with a carbine upper?

And left handed?

That's a little different setup than I visualized from your description.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: KATTRAKERWhat about the CLAW? Anyone use it?

Yep and love it........grips well

I use one as well and it's the best carry strap (not really a sling) I've used.

Back