Ronald Wilson Reagan

Javafour

On June 5, 2004, eight years ago today, the greatest president of both the 20th and 21st centuries died.

The man who currently occupies his office does, in my never-so-humble opinion, in NO way come close to measuring up--not even remotely--either in terms of his measure as a man or of his intellect, integrity or ability to lead.

I think if President Reagan were still with us, though, he would remain positive about America. He would remind us that America is us, you and me, it is an idea, it is the freedom we carry within ourselves and that is something neither Obama nor his followers can take from us--in fact they cannot even understand it.

President Reagan was like us, you and me. He loved the outdoors and appreciated the natural bounty God blessed us with--he would have rather been out on his beloved ranch cutting wood than be indoors somewhere in a big city. He was an NRA member and said of his fellow members:

"I've always felt a special bond with members of your group. You live by Lincoln's words, 'Important principles may and must be inflexible.' Your philosophy puts its trust in people. So you insist individuals be held accountable for their actions. The NRA believes America's laws were made to be obeyed and that our constitutional liberties are just as important today as 200 years ago. And by the way, the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'"

Obama and his ilk are all about finding what they perceive as wrong with America, with freedom. Regan never knew Obama, but in a sense he did, because there were Obamas around all of Reagan's life. He always spoke of them with good cheer and he spoke with great clarity about the threat posed by their ideas--a great example of this was his 1964 'A Time for Choosing' speech, one he gave to support Sen. Barry Goldwater.

Mitt Romney is not President Reagan, granted, but he is one helluva lot closer than Obama is. I know exactly who President Reagan would be voting for in November and I, for one, am ready for an economy that looks a lot more like the 1980s than the past four years. We also need to put a stop to the momentum of most of what Obama and his ilk have done to grow government and, by so doing, to have encroached on our freedom.

President Reagan would tell us it is not to late and to never give up and that when we citizens do the right thing that America's best days still lay ahead of her.

Reagan.jpg

"We will never disarm any American who seeks to protect his or her family from fear and harm."

~President Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted By: JavafourOn June 5, 2004, eight years ago today, the greatest president of both the 20th and 21st centuries died.

The man who currently occupies his office does, in my never-so-humble opinion, in NO way come close to measuring up--not even remotely--either in terms of his measure as a man or of his intellect, integrity or ability to lead.

I think if President Reagan were still with us, though, he would remain positive about America. He would remind us that America is us, you and me, it is an idea, it is the freedom we carry within ourselves and that is something neither Obama nor his followers can take from us--in fact they cannot even understand it.

President Reagan was like us, you and me. He loved the outdoors and appreciated the natural bounty God blessed us with--he would have rather been out on his beloved ranch cutting wood than be indoors somewhere in a big city. He was an NRA member and said of his fellow members:

"I've always felt a special bond with members of your group. You live by Lincoln's words, 'Important principles may and must be inflexible.' Your philosophy puts its trust in people. So you insist individuals be held accountable for their actions. The NRA believes America's laws were made to be obeyed and that our constitutional liberties are just as important today as 200 years ago. And by the way, the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'"

Obama and his ilk are all about finding what they perceive as wrong with America, with freedom. Regan never knew Obama, but in a sense he did, because there were Obamas around all of Reagan's life. He always spoke of them with good cheer and he spoke with great clarity about the threat posed by their ideas--a great example of this was his 1964 'A Time for Choosing' speech, one he gave to support Sen. Barry Goldwater.

Mitt Romney is not President Reagan, granted, but he is one helluva lot close than Obama is. I know exactly who President Reagan would be voting for in November and I, for one, am ready for an economy that looks a lot more like the 1980s than the past four years. We also need to put a stop to the momentum of most of what Obama and his ilk have done to grow government and, by so doing, to have encroached on our freedom.

President Reagan would tell us it is not to late and to never give up and that when we citizens do the right thing that America's best days still lay ahead of her.

Reagan.jpg

"We will never disarm any American who seeks to protect his or her family from fear and harm."

~President Ronald Reagan

Bears repeating, Java. Ronald Reagan was, I fear, a "once in a lifetime" president. Hopefully 0 is, as well.

Regards,
hm

Back