Zimmerman/Martin

tnshootist

I don't know many facts about the Zimmerman Martin case I can be sure of and probably never will.But it burns me up when the "news" outlets show pictures of Zimmerman unshaven and having the worst day of his life,and then show pictures of Martin when he was a 12 year old boy.

You have to realize that the media editors are almost all Liberal in mind set...They and the television producers are the ones that determine the stuff that is presented to the public...

We used to have a really good reporter at the local newspaper that was police friendly,,,as opposed to the paper's publisher...He was instructed to change the content of a story that he had done to make the police department look questionable and quit when he refused to make the change...

The next guy was friendly, but a lot more subservient...

The editor was the main squeeze for the publisher and he liked her to dress in those school girl short pleated skirts and black patent shoes with knee high white socks...Does that tell you anything about his character..??

Originally Posted By: tnshootistI don't know many facts about the Zimmerman Martin case I can be sure of and probably never will.But it burns me up when the "news" outlets show pictures of Zimmerman unshaven and having the worst day of his life,and then show pictures of Martin when he was a 12 year old boy.

You mean like this?

george-zimmerman_trayvon-martin.jpg

Close Dawg.Yes OT I know what you mean.I thought Cronkite was slanted over the war,and he was,but not like now.I don't know how to get any news at all now that is close to the truth.I sometimes think BBC is better than most for news about US.

SB, those are pics of Trayvon Martin. However, it's not the kid that was killed in Florida. That young man lives in Savannah, Georgia and is no relation.

HB,how old and how big does a person need to be before he ain't counted a kid? If he was setting on my chest,I would have to do something,he would be to big and heavy for me to move,I would be in trouble.I have noticed through the years that he who strikes the first good hard blow is hard to whip.Especially if the other fellow don't see it coming.

You're right, tnshootist. It is habit to call young folks 'kid'. I'm not suggesting that Martin was not capable of being a threat. I don't know. I do know that those photos are not of the Trayvon Martin that was pursued and killed by Zimmerman.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistHB,how old and how big does a person need to be before he ain't counted a kid? If he was setting on my chest,I would have to do something,he would be to big and heavy for me to move,I would be in trouble.I have noticed through the years that he who strikes the first good hard blow is hard to whip.Especially if the other fellow don't see it coming.

Lotta (kids) that were 18 and some 17 killed in Vietnam,they were men in my book...

Quote:I do know that those photos are not of the Trayvon Martin that was pursued and killed by Zimmerman.,,,HB, IMHO, that's more Liberal Tripe...I have not seen any indication that Martin was "pursued"...He was initially followed for the purpose of observation and then apparently attacked Zimmerman from behind as Zimmerman was returning to his vehicle...Had Martin gone about his initial course of travel, he would still be alive...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle...The editor was the main squeeze for the publisher and he liked her to dress in those school girl short pleated skirts and black patent shoes with knee high white socks...

Wait, let's back up here.

The real question here is whether or not she was attractive. To me that's the bottom line, er, so to speak.

Given that she was a newspaper lib I am guessing not....

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71SB, those are pics of Trayvon Martin. However, it's not the kid that was killed in Florida. That young man lives in Savannah, Georgia and is no relation.

some proof besides snopes?

Originally Posted By: sweatybettyOriginally Posted By: HunterBear71SB, those are pics of Trayvon Martin. However, it's not the kid that was killed in Florida. That young man lives in Savannah, Georgia and is no relation.

some proof besides snopes?

It was in the Miami newspaper over a month ago the one in the photo was from Savannah and was a student at a middle school in Savannah.

Too bad Zimmerman will never get a impartial Jury, I think it would be impossible to think a Jury could be picked that doesn't have a preconceived thought whether Zimmerman is innocent or guilty because of the media's one sided reporting. I'm guessing a hung Jury.

It is reported that Zimmerman's bail was revoked because he did not tell the judge about the money pledged to him on the net.Did he have that money or was it just pledged?Did he know if he was allowed to spend that money?I would be Leary about spending that money before I knew how it was going to be taxed and so on.I guess he should have tried to explain that all to the judge,but sometimes judges don't want to hear an long explanation.

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitToo bad Zimmerman will never get a impartial Jury, I think it would be impossible to think a Jury could be picked that doesn't have a preconceived thought whether Zimmerman is innocent or guilty because of the media's one sided reporting. I'm guessing a hung Jury.

Makes you wonder sort of void people live in when they claim to not have heard anything about a case like this doesn't it?

The key question is not whether they are aware of the case, but if they can be impartial and make a decision based on the facts/evidence presented in the court room...It will still be hard to find those that have not developed some kind of preconceived opinion as to guilt or innocence...

I was down in FL at the time of the incident, staying about 20 miles from Sanford, and the local news media was having a field day with items and opinions involving the incident...It would have put the O J Simpson case to shame..

Back