RRA two stage trigger

bigtommy

What is the big advantage to a chrome vs non chrome trigger. I am trying to decide if I should spend the extra for a chromed trigger on the RRA ATH.

I spoke to the RRA guys at Knob Creek last year about the same thing. They said that the chrome triggers were a little lighter. I have three non chrome sets in my rigs and love them.

some of my questions are is the chrome easier to clean and is it any smoother and by lighter are you meaning lighter in pull or lighter in physical weight.

I have a chrome bolt in my RRA Elite Comp and that's easier to clean, so the trigger should be, too. I love the two stage trigger.

Originally Posted By: bigtommysome of my questions are is the chrome easier to clean and is it any smoother and by lighter are you meaning lighter in pull or lighter in physical weight.

The trigger pull is less. Like anything else chrome, I'm sure they are about the easiest thing to clean

I have both the chrome trigger and the chrome bolt in my Coyote Carbine....
Bolt is very easy to clean.
Can't really comment on trigger because it is mt first two stage so I have no experience to compare it to.
I do however like it from the bench, shoots better than any of my bolts with trigger jobs done on them.
Will have to see how I like it when calling.
I do not know what they say the pull is but I can tell you it feels under 3 lbs.

Personally, I wouldn't get too caught up in the details. The RR 2 stage trigger is very good. I have the non chrome one and it works like a champ. I can't wait to kill my first coyote with it.

I love the take up, and then when you are at the end, it feels like breaking a glass rod.

Here is a 5 round group I shot last night @ 100 yrds, 40 gr v-max in front of IMR 8208 XBR hand loads.
Flier is the first shot.
Love that Trigger !
RRA40grV-max100yrds.jpg

Originally Posted By: buckskullHere is a 5 round group I shot last night @ 100 yrds, 40 gr v-max in front of IMR 8208 XBR hand loads.
Flier is the first shot.
Love that Trigger !
RRA40grV-max100yrds.jpg

Not to hijack, but how much 8208 is under those 40's.
My 53Vmax load shoots like that with 8208, hot or cold, clean or dirty my POI never changes
with this load
thumbup.gif

Oh and I run standard RRA 2-Stages in my AR's, love'em

Last edited:
I think I am going to go with the chrome trigger it is only another 35 dollars which isnt much when I am already putting that kind of money out for the ATH.

Originally Posted By: KiloxjGet a Giessele

I've got one, and unless you shoot matches the RRA is good enough for the difference in money...

I have had 4 different RRA two stages and they are one of the best triggers on the market for hunting with a cheap price point in mind. The chrome is a breeze to clean and is also a must for the BCG as well.

Originally Posted By: buckskullHere is a 5 round group I shot last night @ 100 yrds, 40 gr v-max in front of IMR 8208 XBR hand loads.
Flier is the first shot.
Love that Trigger !
RRA40grV-max100yrds.jpg

This was out of a 1:8 ATH? Best I've achieved with light bullets is a 1/2" group so far, but I have less than 150 rounds down range. Mine seems to like heavier bullets (projectiles) so far.

This was out of a 1:8 ATH? Best I've achieved with light bullets is a 1/2" group so far, but I have less than 150 rounds down range. Mine seems to like heavier bullets (projectiles) so far. [/quote]
I have a Coyote carbine which has a 1:9 twist, part of the reason I went with it is because I wanted to be able to shoot lighter bullets.

Back