Mexico's Ambassador joins chorus of complaints re: Fast & Furious

hm1996

Staff member
Brings to mind Pots and Kettles.

Quote:
U.S. Investigators Not Alone in Condemning "Fast and Furious"

Posted on June 1, 2012

Print Share on print Email Share on email Share More Sharing ServicesShare on facebookShare on google_plusone
Today, the Los Angeles Times reports that U.S. congressional investigators seeking information on the "Fast and Furious" debacle are not alone in condemning this now-infamous program.

Confirming what has already been admitted by U.S. officials, Arturo Sarukhan, Mexico's ambassador to the U.S., commented earlier in the week, "Mexico was never apprised how the operation would be designed and implemented." Mr. Sarukhan added, "Regardless of whether this was or was not the intent or the design of Fast and Furious, the thinking that you can let guns walk across the border and maintain operational control of those weapons is really an outstanding lack of understanding of how these criminal organizations are operating on both sides of our common borders."

As we reported earlier, U.S. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), joined House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) in sending a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder demanding full cooperation with the ongoing Congressional investigation into "Fast and Furious" and the tragic death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. To date, that call has not been satisfied.

NRA continues its call for Attorney General Holder to resign over his Justice Department's unwillingness to fully account for this disastrous operation.

http://nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2...nd-furious.aspx

Edit to add: Here is a listing of the top NRA news stories this week for those interested:

NRA Grassroots Alert

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Seriously how stone age does this need to be. With today's modern satellite tracking devices cartel positions should have been known because of fast and furious immediately and eliminated before anyone gets hurt. But that would've cut into Calderon's take and the Mexican economy.

It's my belief that the U S Department of Justice had no real intention of tracking the weapons from the start...It was a ploy to use the end results to establish a reason for more firearms control in this country....

Their lack of concern for the victims of their efforts/plans speaks volumes about their character...

Thanks to some very courageous line personnel that had serious ethical issues with the practice that the whole scheme came to light and we have some elected officials that are willing to actually pursue an effort to find the truth...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle
Thanks to some very courageous line personnel that had serious ethical issues with the practice that the whole scheme came to light and we have some elected officials that are willing to actually pursue an effort to find the truth...

It is hard for me to believe that there has not been a lot more agents come forward with more info.

The one thing I learned from being a military brat and in the Army was to keep notes with dates and times about anything that you thought was not right. And to save those notes for ever and ever. I still have stuff from 1967, and will until I die. Only then will the notes get destroyed.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle

Supposedly Memorial Day was D Day, seems to have been postponed. Some say it's just politics.

Quote:It is hard for me to believe that there has not been a lot more agents come forward with more info...Due to the potential for administrative retaliation on those that do come forward openly. I'm pretty sure that there have been some 'back door' communications with the Senate Committee, just from the ease in which the Committee Members have been requesting specific information from Holder and staff...

I can understand the reluctance of an agent that has been in the system for ten or fifteen years and has a wife and kids to consider for their future...Loss of job and retirement can be a substantial concern for someone that is passing the age of 35 and knowing that the probability of loss of future security is very real...

Younger agents that are single, or not really vested in the retirement system have less to lose and can usually get established in the corporate security world much easier than their older counterparts..

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleIt's my belief that the U S Department of Justice had no real intention of tracking the weapons from the start...It was a ploy to use the end results to establish a reason for more firearms control in this country....

Their lack of concern for the victims of their efforts/plans speaks volumes about their character...

Spot on, OT!

Regards,
hm

Back