Colorado Wildlife Commission to ban Varmint hunting

Maybe if every hunter in colorado would refuse to go hunting for 5 years.. Then when the dear and elk r running in down town denver And they say we need to shoot them all the hunters stand in front of them with our guns and tell them no.. You biched when we did it No u live with your tree huggers.. And when the plage comes in town from the praire dogs They will know we were right all along.. But that is just me day dreaming...

without prairie dog management(hunting) they over populate more than they are now and the bubonic plague begins which spreads everywhere, and can be spread to other animals including pets.

and how the heck to songbirds benifit from prairie dogs? and whats there classifacation of endangered? only 10 million left in the state?

i found this looking on U.S fish and wildlife http://www.fws.gov/mountain-prairie/species/mammals/btprairiedog/ It has several pieces in it where there is no further progress in banning prairie dogs, "Recent Actions: The Fish and Wildlife Service has completed a status review of the black-tailed prairie dog and has determined it does not warrant protection as a threatened or endangered species under the Endangered Species Act."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: claimbusterMy view is that we have a two stage problem here.

Of course the first action is to stop this potential ban on varmint shooting. It's crazy.

Win, lose or draw, the second action, and maybe the most important action is, "how the [beeep] did we get tree-huggers on the DOW board"? We MUST get this corrected. My assumption is that the commissioners are appointees of the Governor. If so, we need to bring an insurmountable amount of pressure to bear on that office.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Even though I live in Central Virginia I agree w/Claimbuster.

Fight it now or lose it forever!

Maybe if every hunter in colorado would refuse to go hunting for 5 years.. Then when the dear and elk r running in down town denver And they say we need to shoot them all the hunters stand in front of them with our guns and tell them no.. You biched when we did it No u live with your tree huggers.. And when the plage comes in town from the praire dogs They will know we were right all along.. But that is just me day dreaming...

I agree Completely, Let these Fools in Colorado suffer the consenquences

When the yotes start eating their pets, the deer starting eating their shrubs and the elk crash into their yuppie mobiles maybe then they will see the light.

AZ has a ban protecting these plague carrying critters in an area I hunt, they even have them numbered and keep tract of how many times a day they take a crap by Students from some University who are "Saving the World". You know, ones who think they are smarter then Mother Nature.
Good hunting to all.

Originally Posted By: lyotehunterlooks like to many people from calif. moved there

sadly i bet your right . I lived in California and after living there over 40 years ( TOO LONG ) we had to get the h.e.l.l. out , so 7 years ago we moved to N.Utah . My heart was never in calif and i feel like i never did live there . Many people from California bring their liberal ways with them and screw up everything they touch . I have people tell me all the time they can't believe i am from California , thats a great complement IMO .

Last edited:
Living in colorado is not so bad ,hunting in colorado s***s . The regulations here are strict as far as getting tags for things like big game and there are so many people here that just dont understand why we have to manage wildlife. They also have no understanding about american history and heritage . The sad thing is these people breed and raise their young to be just like them, maybe we should have a season so we can manage these people.

Originally Posted By: cornstalker
These idiots are obviously out of touch with how this all pans out. I am clearly not a biologist, but it seems to me that the prairie rats overpopulate and decimate the vegetation to bare dirt. They expand their colony and eat every organic material down to the roots. Massive soil erosion takes place, then they all get the plague and die.

I'm about a far from Colorado as you can get, but I'm flabbergasted at this kind of decision, not only for the reason quoted above, but for the economic impact to the state in licensing fees, ammo purchases, gun purchases, etc., etc. Can't imagine the protection of a pest like that is going to trump the financial dependence on what hunters spend on an annual basis there. The lunacy is mindboggling!!!

"ALL but Elected...BULL-s--t..!!! He ain't got a chance...Look at ALL the people that Finally had Balls enough to Try and Delete this clown...Worst case scenario...We all go to New Zealand...lol..

Back