Nasty Pelosi: Because I know The Constitution

azmastablasta

Pelosi: Obamacare Will Be Upheld 6-3, ‘Because I Know the Constitution’
By Elizabeth Harrington
May 31, 2012

At a Capitol Hill press conference on Thursday, a reporter asked Pelosi, “Madame Leader, the Supreme Court is getting ready to rule in the next month or so on the health care bill, and you’ve expressed pretty high confidence – I think you said 6-3 – but I’m just wondering if Democrats and the Democratic leadership have had any discussions or meetings to plan for any sort of contingency plan given the possibility that the court could strike any provisions from the law or the whole law, I’m wondering if Democrats are having any meetings to discuss contingency plans?”

Pelosi, in reference to how the nine-judge court will rule, said, “6-3. That’s it. 6-3.”

She was then asked why she was so confident about her prediction, "Do you have a crystal ball or what is your confidence -- you wrote the bill but why do you have this confidence?"

Pelosi said: “Because I know the Constitution. This bill is ironclad. It is ironclad.”

“Nobody was frivolous with the Constitution and the health of the American people in writing the bill,” she said. “So, that’s where my confidence springs from, the merit of the bill and the nature of the Constitution.”

“The makeup of the court, well, we’ll see,” Pelosi said.

In March, the Supreme Court heard three days of oral arguments on the constitutionality of the individual mandate in Obamacare, which would require nearly all Americans to purchase health insurance, either through their employer, by themselves, or from the government or face financial penalties.

A decision is expected at the end of the court’s session in late June.

Pelosi previously predicted a 6-3 decision on April 3, during a speech at the Paley Center for Media in New York. But back on Mar. 28, when asked whether the mandate would be ruled constitutional or not, Pelosi said, “I have no idea. None of us does. We are all now talking about something of which we have no knowledge because we are not members of the Supreme Court. We have knowledge of the legislation. We have knowledge of the arguments. But we have no idea of what the outcome will be.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-obamacare-will-be-upheld-6-3-because-i-know-constitution

My prediction is that all, or at least portions, of Obamacare goes down 5-4.

“So, that’s where my confidence springs from, the merit of the bill and the nature of the Constitution."

Constitutionality has zero to do with a law's "merit," lol! That she would make such a statement pretty much proves that she does NOT understand the "nature of the Constitution." As if we did not already know that....

If San Fran Nan has one more facelift she'll have a goatee.

I wish ICE would hit that hotel and the vineyard she owns.

Blasta, let me take the liberty to illustrate your post and further comment will be unnecessary.
Regards,
hm

Pelosi: Obamacare Will Be Upheld 6-3, ‘Because I Know the Constitution’
By Elizabeth Harrington
May 31, 2012

At a Capitol Hill press conference on Thursday, a reporter asked Pelosi, “Madame Leader, the Supreme Court is getting ready to rule in the next month or so on the health care bill, and you’ve expressed pretty high confidence – I think you said 6-3 – but I’m just wondering if Democrats and the Democratic leadership have had any discussions or meetings to plan for any sort of contingency plan given the possibility that the court could strike any provisions from the law or the whole law, I’m wondering if Democrats are having any meetings to discuss contingency plans?”

Pelosi, in reference to how the nine-judge court will rule, said, “6-3. That’s it. 6-3.”

She was then asked why she was so confident about her prediction, "Do you have a crystal ball or what is your confidence -- you wrote the bill but why do you have this confidence?"

Pelosi said: “Because I know the Constitution. This bill is ironclad. It is ironclad.”

pelosiconstitution.jpg

“Nobody was frivolous with the Constitution and the health of the American people in writing the bill,” she said.
Untitled.jpg

“So, that’s where my confidence springs from, the merit of the bill and the nature of the Constitution.”

“The makeup of the court, well, we’ll see,” Pelosi said.

In March, the Supreme Court heard three days of oral arguments on the constitutionality of the individual mandate in Obamacare, which would require nearly all Americans to purchase health insurance, either through their employer, by themselves, or from the government or face financial penalties.

A decision is expected at the end of the court’s session in late June.

Pelosi previously predicted a 6-3 decision on April 3, during a speech at the Paley Center for Media in New York. But back on Mar. 28, when asked whether the mandate would be ruled constitutional or not, Pelosi said, “I have no idea. None of us does. We are all now talking about something of which we have no knowledge because we are not members of the Supreme Court. We have knowledge of the legislation. We have knowledge of the arguments. But we have no idea of what the outcome will be.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-obamacare-will-be-upheld-6-3-because-i-know-constitution

That picture must be 30 years old. These days she looks like she could be the subject of a Discovery Channel show called Plastic Surgery Gone Wrong.

I'm not sure what kind of drugs she's on, but they must be some good ones! It is as a rule impossible to predict the disposition of any judge, let alone 9 of them. The 9 of them should look at the reams of paper piled before them, and throw it out as unconstitutional by nature of bulk alone.

The US Constitution in it's entirety is what; maybe 3 pages typed? Maybe 6 if you double space. The bill of Rights? The Declaration of Independence? All of the laws set forth by our founding fathers to govern this country, would not take 30 sheets of paper, with cover sheet, Table of Contents, Index, and Credits, and this one bill is 2200 pages! That's BS!! It cannot be that difficult to write a law; if it's that complex, it is to complex to begin with. That means that there is a WHOLE LOT of Pork in this thing that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Health Care. And, that fluff shouldn't be in there, hidden, to sneak up and bite us all in the @ss when this thing kicks in.

The problem is, the politicans up there in DC are so far removed from reality, and so far removed from perceptions of budgeting, that they think we can all just raise our debt ceiling too, to survive, and they haven't even begun to think about what it's going to mean to many people. Looking at AZ's other thread where Allen West suggested Unemployment is realistically about 14.5%, where are those people going to come up with the money? Where are the under-employed going to come up with the money? Where are many of us that are employed going to come up with the money??

Well, it was passed, anyone believe that she has read the entire thing by now. Not a chance, nor has anyone else probably. It passed and not a soul knows what's really in the thing in it's entirety. It will not prevail. The problem is govt healthcare has now become a part of this culture. Our next President has already passed a similar clusterf*%#@. How bad will the next one be, we can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Every time I look at that horse face I feel like I'm looking through a scope. That nose & the lines under her eyes look like the crosshair. I can't look at her pic without seeing it. Of course it could just be from squeezing my eyes shut so hard.

To be fair to Romney on Massachusetts' healthcare bill that he signed, the entire progression of that healthcare bill must be understood.

In Massachusetts, the governor has line item veto authority. Romney vetoed 9 key provisions of the Massachusetts law. Those 9 provisions were the meat of it that made it so similar to Obamacare. The Massachusetts legislature overrode 6 of those vetoes and pushed it through.

So, no, Romney did not authorize the Massachusetts healthcare law.

Back