The Obama Truth Team... Coming to your e-mail soon!

Rocky1

You guys don't really know anyone who would stoop to such lowly disingenuous standards do you??

Quote:
Obama campaign to seek and destroy ‘falsehoods’ with ‘Attack Watch’

If you’ve recently received an email from the Obama “Truth Team” suggesting that you’re dabbling in falsehoods, then you’ve just been ratted out by a friend. A while ago, President Obama’s “Attack Watch” was guarding the “truth” from conservative thinkers, wherever they may be hiding. However, due to a major public backlash, the program became a bit sleepy.

It wasn’t until emails started flying again, did it attract the scent of conservative watchdogs and alternative media. Erica Ritz reports from The Blaze:

According to ABC’s Jake Tapper, Barack Obama’s deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter is inviting supporters over email to “report an attack” at the Truth Team’s “Fight Back: Report an Attack” page. “Received a robo-call or an email forward full of falsehoods? Found a misleading leaflet in your mail?” it asks. “Tell us about it, and help fight back against the attacks on President Obama and his record.”

It appears as if Obama wishes that you to tell them about who is spreading lies and dissent about the current, sitting regime. Of course, if anything talks about Obama, the Democrats, or his policies in a negative way, then you are responsible for “misleading”, and spreading “falsehoods”.

The real question is, how in the world could this possibly be a good idea for the Obama campaign? While Obama was just an up-and-coming, young politician in 2008, he was the “fight the man” party leader. But now, Obama is the President of the United States of America: which means, he is “the man”. As Ritz says in the report:

More than that, when combined with Obama’s record of “naming and shaming” Romney donors, a site encouraging people to “report” Americans who disagree with the administration seems more and more like a thinly-veiled attempt to quiet the opposition.”

While this will probably not be the incubating stage of an Obama sponsored, dissent squashing, secret police; it still does not look good on a sitting President. In fact, it makes one of the most powerful men in the world seem rather weak. Why does he even need “Truth Teams” if his policies are helping America? Just look at their mission statement, taken directly from BarackObama.com:

The Truth Team is a network of supporters of President Obama who are committed to responding to unfounded attacks and defending the President’s record. When you’re faced with someone who misrepresents the truth, you can find all the facts you need right here—along with ways to share the message with whoever needs to hear it.”

Overall, even if the President’s policies were sound, this is still a very bad idea for his campaign. No one likes to feel reprimanded by an authority figure, and that’s exactly what this does. However, the nature of being a US politician is that if we don’t like you; we simply fire you.

In addition to that, it makes him look rather nervous and desperate, being unable to contend with the arguments of other politicians and pundits, but must go after everyday conservative Americans. Even now, personal attack ads from the President against Romney are unorthodox and too soon in the campaign (especially, when calling him a “vampire”). Moreover, a sitting US President shouldn’t even bat an eye at pundits; much less raise an eyebrow at an amusing email forward, discussing his Kenyan origins. Why so nervous Mr. President?

Honestly, this does not surprise me coming out of Obama's corner. It's the "Y'all go out and tell them to quit picking on me!" spoiled rich kid syndrome. He might as well get over it though, he's going to get his Kenyan born, Indonesian naturalized, non-US Citizen @ss evicted from the white house in November!

And, they don't need to send the truth team to talk to me, I've already met them! Problem is... not one of them has been able to provide an ounce of proof that Obama IS in fact US born since all we've seen is a fake Birth Certificate, is not Kenyan born when half of Africa believes he is, was not a naturalized Indonesian when the laws of the country would have made him such through adoption, is currently a US Citizen which is highly doubtful considering his Indonesian citizenship and lack of application to reestablish his american citizenship.

The only thing they've proven beyond the shadow of a doubt is that he smoked dope, had bad grades, was a member of the communist party, and that he is scared to death someone is going to figure out what he's trying to bury in his past!!

I just hope when the debates begin between ZERO and Romney that Mitt brings up all the questions we have been seeking answers for!

If Mitt can show us Americans that he indeed has a Pair, we all win!

His impromptu press conference in front of the Solyndra plant, just might be what you were talking about there DDW!! Seems he got a lot of attention on that one!

Originally Posted By: Rocky1His impromptu press conference in front of the Solyndra plant, just might be what you were talking about there DDW!! Seems he got a lot of attention on that one!

As long as Romney does not campaign down the same road that Mcain did we should be fine.

I am thinking the "Donald" is convincing him to stay tough and i hope he follows through on bringing up some of the "ISSUES" that the "BOY" has and has not done!

We need to send the Kenyan King and his Buck tooted wife back to their village!!

Romney needs to stay away from the issue of Obama's birth certificate. He needs the moderates to win the election, and that would certainly cost him some moderate votes.

No, he needs to hammer Obama on the economy, Obama's connection to Wall Street and his cabinet members' connections to Wall Street and banking, the abject failure of the stimulus package, and the $15 Trillion national debt.

If Romney can show the voters that we are going the way of Greece and Spain, then Romney wins.

Absolutely... let Donald Trump stir up the birth certificate poo, while Mitt focuses on Obama's track record. I don't think he's going to have to try to hard to impress the public with Obaummer's track record though, I think more folks are familiar with that than the Democrats would like to believe.

Toss in 43 lawsuits by the Catholic Church, Supreme Court comes back with a decision or two not in his favor, and he's hung out to dry like a diaper that missed the wash cycle!

In most presidential elections, the real mud slinging doesn't happen until after the conventions, and then it is usually done by the VP nominees while the Presidential candidates keep their hands clean and look Presidential. This year it started a little early, and since Biden puts his foot in his mouth every time he opens it, Obama rolled out Axelrod for that job, and Romney has rolled out Trump.

Last edited:
Back