Bell and Carlson Medalist rifle stocks

Originally Posted By: sage rative got the alaskan II on my 721.very comfortable and perfect fit.im looking to put one on my savage. So the 721 fit perfectly? You didn't have to make modifacations with the straighter bolt handle and barrel band on the forearm? Just asking because I have a 300 H&H in the 721 That I would like to replace the stock on.

I also have a 721 in 300 H&H. I bought an old factory BDL stock off of ebay for it. You do have to make room for the safety as its a little different, but the straight bolt handle should work fine. You also have to make room for the barrel bulge of the rear sight. This is what I've read on other forums, I havent gotten around to doing it yet. Plus you'll need a BDL trigger guard assembly or get the ADL stock and cut out for the 721 trigger guard and plate. Or make it a blind magazine with an ADL trigger guard and magazine box.

The stock was originally from a magnum chambered rifle so the barrel groove is close to the right contour but I won't know for sure until I find time to actually fit it and I still have to buy the BDL trigger guard and floorplate assembly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dan P.I also have a 721 in 300 H&H. I bought an old factory BDL stock off of ebay for it. You do have to make room for the safety as its a little different, but the straight bolt handle should work fine. You also have to make room for the barrel bulge of the rear sight. This is what I've read on other forums, I havent gotten around to doing it yet. Plus you'll need a BDL trigger guard assembly or get the ADL stock and cut out for the 721 trigger guard and plate. Or make it a blind magazine with an ADL trigger guard and magazine box.

The stock was originally from a magnum chambered rifle so the barrel groove is close to the right contour but I won't know for sure until I find time to actually fit it and I still have to buy the BDL trigger guard and floorplate assembly. Thanks for the information. I would love to find a Boone and Crocket laminated stock for it.

Last edited:
Very happy with mine. Its on a sav.12 ,22-250. I had to remove a very small amt .of material from one spot to get the barrel centered in the stock but not a big deal. I bedded it and the gun will shoot bug holes .

I really like mine with my .223 heavy barrel Howa. It makes a nice solid bench gun that is still light enough to do some coyote duty. I just dropped my action in and torqued it down to specs.

full-3.jpg

I am happy with my medalist stock. I put one on my 257 Weatherby Vanguard. I bedded mine, then removed the pressure points.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogNo pressure points on the M-40. Floats all the way to the recoil lug. I am really happy with my Bell & Carlson Medalist M40. Had mine skim bedded and it make an accurate rifle.

I'm very happy with the one I got. I put it on my custom built 700 BDL in .17 FireBall. I bedded the recoil lug and the rear tang only and removed the pressure points. My groups went from around 3/4" to under 1/2". Also knocked off close to a pound from my total weight. I'm also going to put one on my latest build, a .260 Remington that I had built last year.

Back