range question

emtpredator

i am trying to build a permanent range at my place that way i can shoot anytime and dont have to drag so much out and pack it up when finished. my problem is i have two options one is a small bottom that has very good backstop but its only 50 yards long. second options is out the back of my barn which would be nice on hot sunny days. i can get good 100 yds but have to shoot at a downward angle. buddy told me this wont work but couldnt tell me why.

Originally Posted By: emtpredatori am trying to build a permanent range at my place that way i can shoot anytime and dont have to drag so much out and pack it up when finished. my problem is i have two options one is a small bottom that has very good backstop but its only 50 yards long. second options is out the back of my barn which would be nice on hot sunny days. i can get good 100 yds but have to shoot at a downward angle. buddy told me this wont work but couldnt tell me why.

How much down??

5 or 10 degrees (that would be ok) or 40 degrees (not very good)

if i can get a dozer in i could might be able to get another 25 yds in on the the bottom land might be worth it because of the better backstop and flat land there is not very much of that in eastern ky

Back