Tulerimia

So I have a question for you guys. Whenever I am out camping or hunting I shoot rabbits. I would like to eat some of the rabbits but i'm nervous about picking up tulerimia. What are good guidelines to go by. All advice is appreciated. Any recipies would be cool too.

Thanks!

I have been knocking around the "hunting game" for over 50 years now. Shot my first squirrel in 1958. I ran beagles, for years, and have skinned literally *thousands* of rabbits. I know one (1) count 'em one - person who has contracted tul and he got from skinning muskrats.

If you are going to pick it up it will be while you're dressing them. Use a pair of Latex groves (I don't - never have - probably never will) and pretty much problem solved. As long as you cook your rabbit well, there is virtually no chance of contracting anything through eating the meat.

Get after them rabbits. Sounds like a great compliment to the camping experience.

goodluckandhavefun.. g

While your cleaning them if the liver looks good they are ok if you see spots on the liver they have tul. I always wear rubber gloves while cleaning and handling game.

anyone know what the little white things on the intestines are? They look like grains of rice all over the guts.

Back