Fade resistant camo?

Yoteless in Ohio

Can anyone recommend a brand of light weight camo that does completely fade out in ten washings? I'm a little frustrated with how fast my base layers turn to blah. Not an issue in the fall as my cover layers stay sharp but with dirty bird season almost upon us!

I've always used Atsko "Sport Wash" laundry soap on my camo.
Been doing it for years & years.
All my camo still looks brand new...except for the holes & things from barb wire fences.

I turn em inside out. Use baking soda or Sport Wash. They seem to last. Of course 10-15 washings would be 5-10 years of use for me.

I will run em through the rinse cycle and hang dry. That helps.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I turn em inside out. Use baking soda or Sport Wash. They seem to last. Of course 10-15 washings would be 5-10 years of use for me.

Yep, wear them until you don't want to hunt with yourself, then wash them.
thumbup1.gif

Nice. Remind me to stay upwind of you guys!

By sport wash are you guys referring to scent free soaps sold in sporting goods stores or is that a brand?

For dirty birds I can stink. I gave up on scent control for coyotes. I have special precautions for archery deer hunting that I take.

I wonder if maybe I should cold water wash it inside out and hang dry?

Hot water reals havoc on colors.

Sport wash is a detergent made especially for hunting clothes. Or just tide "free". No optical brighteners or fragrances. Cold wash, inside out. That should help

I wash my outter layers very sparingly. Wash once, pack in scent loc type bags, and you're g2g. They don't need to be spotless. Spraying down works better than continual washing.

I wash mine in Woolite laundry detergent and cold water. It seems to work as well as the Sport wash, and it costs a lot less.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesI actually like my camo a bit faded.

Yeah, that's true too. Brand new camo is "bright" to look pleasing at the store. It also has UV reflective properties in it to reflect the light back to your eyes and look "cool". It does the same to game, but they don't think it's so cool.

Yep, brand new camo can definitely stick out but my base layers fade fast to where there is no definition in the pattern. Maybe its because I am colorblind but really faded camo sticks out to me really badly without definition between colors and shapes.

New washing techniques might help. I also ordered amicrotex shirt that is supposed to hold up.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I turn em inside out. Use baking soda or Sport Wash. They seem to last. Of course 10-15 washings would be 5-10 years of use for me.

This is what I do. Inside out on cold with sport wash, and lay flat to dry.

Back