Best electronic caller with wireless remote for the money

Originally Posted By: wormyI have a Spitfire. I often wish and I decided I should buy a topend Foxpro like the CS-24, Fury, etc. But I keep killin yotes with the Spitfire. They are just as dead as if they ran into a $500 caller.

I only use about 10 calls, so why do I need a caller with 300 sounds on it? And no the Spitfire is not as loud as some callers, but I believe thats a plus because we tend to call to loud sometimes.

The remote has plenty of range for me. It will easily reach out to about 50-75 yards which is all I need. Lately Ive been using Baybee cottontail on about 3 or 4 on the volume scale and the yotes run right in for supper.

Yeah...the Baybee cottontail on 3 or 4 has em running in asap! Love it!

My Two Cents:

Started with Johnny Stewart, loved the calls, and it was productive, but was having problems with the speaker being close. Went with the Johnny Stewart wireless, and had a lot of problems.

Kept at it with the Johnny Stewart PM-3, saved my pennies and bought a FoxPro.

I should have bought it in the first place and not screwed around with some of the others. They are a little more $, but worth it. When you figure in the chips for a Johnny Stewart, and the back and forth that I had with a few other manufacturers, it would have been cheaper to go with FoxPro in the first place.

I don't regret using the wired PM-3, but I love my FoxPRo Scorpion.

Tested the remote distance on my ECHO today. Got out to 300 yeards and still worked like a champ! Not sure how much farther it would work becouse we ran out of room to walk.
It was line of sight, but I was really impressed that it worked that well.

I say the Spitfire from Foxpro. I have one and yes its plain jane but works plenty good. I called in 10 foxes in Texas over a two night period of calling for a couple of hours. The sound level worked best at level three, and the foxes were boucing around all over the place. It was well worth the 199 dollars spent on it. Now they are making a Foxjack to fit it on April 1st. Just my two cents!

Originally Posted By: BorderdogWildlife Technologies. Their remote range is amazing and the quality of sound is top notch. But, and this is a big but, it will cost you.

Nate
I have a wt 2030ms. It has never let me down! it gets my vote!

Flextone Echo is working great for me. Called and killed a dog on my first stand with it. Came in to mobbing crows after about 15 minutes of various rabbit calls.

Originally Posted By: wormyI have a Spitfire. I often wish and I decided I should buy a topend Foxpro like the CS-24, Fury, etc. But I keep killin yotes with the Spitfire. They are just as dead as if they ran into a $500 caller.

I only use about 10 calls, so why do I need a caller with 300 sounds on it? And no the Spitfire is not as loud as some callers, but I believe thats a plus because we tend to call to loud sometimes.

The remote has plenty of range for me. It will easily reach out to about 50-75 yards which is all I need. Lately Ive been using Baybee cottontail on about 3 or 4 on the volume scale and the yotes run right in for supper.

+1. I have a fury, and use less an twenty sounds on it. I find my remote to be confusing and toughh to use without staring at it. The dial you use to go through the menu is a menace.

An employee of mine in va kills dozens of yotes a year with his spitfire.

The fury is my third caller, and third brand. Of the ones I have had FOXPRO seems to be the best quality time. The range of the remote was better on the other brands,

The range of my fury remote is about 50 yards with clear line of sight. It has been back to FOXPRO and they say it is to spec. they said specifically that if there is not a direct line of sight between the two antennas it will not work.

That all said, I can program sequences, get fox bang, and have snow goose, coyote, fox, bobcat, deer, turkey, raccoon and any other sound I want with the space. But then you are back to the scrolling issue.

In the end I regret getting the fury because of price. I don't fully utilize it. A lower price model would have suited me better.

Also, the folks at FOXPRO are amazing as far as customer service goes!!

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660Flextone Echo is working great for me. Called and killed a dog on my first stand with it. Came in to mobbing crows after about 15 minutes of various rabbit calls.

I bought the Turbo Dogg my friend owns a Echo, it goes on every trip to the field and the Dogg stays as a backup. Those things call in critters you are spot on.

Alpha dogg hands down. I got spitfire 200$. Got MA21 600$.
Alpha dogg 219$ It sounds better than my spitfire and remote is alot easier to read also,it holds 200 sounds.(spitfire 24 sounds) It has most functions as the high $ foxpros.But I do love the MA for the easy function remote and the crisp ear shattering volume.Also it helps increase memory of ones own mind as to memorize sounds.

i have a WT MA-15 AND a firestorm for the price the wt,is far better in my experience the sound and battery life don't compare.the first time i took my firestorm wolf hunting the batteries died after very little use.the volume on the ma 15 is more than you would ever use.

Originally Posted By: timwalkerI just bought a FOXPRO spitfire today,haven't tried it out yet but im curiuos ,whats the range on the remote?

Elevate the caller as much as possible and keep it in line of sight. Should operate somewhat dependably out to around 70-100 yards.

Failure to do those two things will cause you much frustration.

Originally Posted By: Rucksack57Midwayusa. Has a Johny Stewart Preymaster 4 for $100 dollars

That's a steal. Those are great sounds, been about a million predators called in with them.

Back