NC HUNT AT NIGHT

mycat

The NC Wildlife Commission is proposing to allow night hunting for yotes and hogs. We need to get on top of this and make our feelings known. Go to www.ncwildlife.org and look at rule changes, especially rule test 15A, W1 and W2. All you folks on other sights spread the word. Let's also mention we would like to use green light.

You can follow the links to online comments and actually vote on the proposed changes for both night hunting coyote and hogs. I did this about a week ago. All North Carolina hunters definitely need to do this!

Guys if you search some of the NC newspaper articles about the proposal, there's alot of opposition already. A buddy attended the public hearing in Asheville last night and the opposition was strong. A US Forest Service supervisor strongly opposed any night hunting on USFS lands, which just happen to make up the majority of NC gamelands. He stated he's already had one officer killed by a night time coyote hunter in Ga. last year. Then the wolf protection people told the Wildlife Comm. that the lawsuits would happen if they passed such a proposal. Also some coon hunters spoke that they opposed it cause their dogs would get shot. Then there was a farmer who stated he had enough trouble with spotlighters/poachers already. Finally, the two WRC officers I've talked to said they sure hope it did not pass. I think the proposal as it stands is definately in trouble.

Last edited:
Back