Message for Steve Illsley

d2admin

Administrator
Steve,
I've been trying to contact you via E-mail but it returns undeliverable.I have some hound running questions for you. Email me with a good address. Thanx,
coyote_tracker

Hi Steve,
We run hounds here in NW PA for fox and coyote. I have an 8 yr old Trigg Walker and a what I believe to be a Croghan, She is @ 4 yrs old and was purchased from a dog trader out of Canada. I have had her out only once and they didn't get anything up and running. I will try her a few more times before I decide whether or not to keep her. I also have a Walker pup 9 weeks old. I think she's a treeing walker, but the guys I hunt with prefer a slow dog over a speed dog. The trigg is a good fox hound but will not run coyote very enthusiastically. The fellas who had him before made him fairly gun shy.They hunt in a group of 15-20 guys and shoot at the coyote about a bazillion times before they kill it. I guess the trigg was close a few times and thinks that they were wailing away at him! I don't care though 'cuz he is a good fox hound. I recently lost 2 dogs on the road. I had trained them for 1 1/2 years and had them about where I wanted them. One was a English Redtick and the other was a Jadgterrier/Beagle/Walker cross. The Jadg was the snottiest dog I had ever seen. Would kill anything! Do you have pics of your dogs? I can't find any pics of Croghans to compare my female to. I'll be looking forward to corresponding with you.
Thanks,
Eric L. Niederriter

Hi coyote tracker i donot now how to post pic.
who did you get the dog from out of canada. are
you looking for some more hounds i have a 4yr.
old female and 11mon. old male im selling. im
loseing my computer soon so if i donot get back to you.

Thanks steve&the thorn
mt hounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Steve,
I'm in the process of getting the fellas # in Canada. I got her from a friend who went dog crazy and bought 5 from this dog trader and is only keeping the ones he has had time to run. I saw your post about your hounds for sale. Sounds good but because of my nieghborhood, I can only keep three dogs max.
tracker

Back