4th Annual All Ohio Hunt.

Just got off the phone with the owner of the cottage,,,he said the state park has been really dead since the first of the month.

So that is good news,,,,hopefully we will put the smackdown on a few.

X

Good luck you guys! Wish I could go over there. We want plenty of pics of all the fur you guys will be putting down. Including Bigfoot!!!

Good luck 2 you all have fun and be safe!!! We like pics!!!!!
grin.gif

Well...once again the coyotes did not cooperate.

We did plenty of sets,,covered alot of ground,,hunted morning sets,evening sets and night sets...no takers.

Trapper,frogman,mike2...even hit some private ground,,that should have produced.,,i dunno how many total sets they did....cooter300,xjr and i made 14 sets friday-sat.night.

I guess the only thing we didnt try was some noon sets.

Had a suprise guest Rodbender friday night that drove 1 hour 1 way to stop in and say hi from WV....good meeting him for a evening.

Had alot ,,,i mean alot of sign,,locating was tough.,,as they were a bit tight lipped...and 500 yards down the road the yotes were really working on the geese(a area we could not hunt)....More to follow....

X

It was good to meet Ohiotrapper,Roode301,and his hunting pard Josh.

Hopefully everyone had a good time,,as i did.

Oh...and we saw No bigfoot tracks....but He may have answered to call on one occasion....as in 30+ years in the woods I had never heard anything like it....

Before that long WOOOOOOP sound,,we where howling,,had coyotes responding,,family dogs barking...all kinds of nature making noise..

Afterwards,dead silence...pretty creepy.

X

On our way back we saw 3 hit on the road.One was inside of city limits.To the guys that hunt down there and are good at it you need to come out with a book or dvd on how to do it.It is tough around here but down there it is stupid hard.

coyotex,

I want to thank you for organizing the hunt!! The A-frame worked out well. The food was good and plentiful. Thanks also to Randy for the delicious ribs!! Thanks to Mike2 and Trapper (Zack) for letting me hunt with them. I sure enjoyed their company and enjoyed tooting the mouth calls for them. We did some very promising stands that I was very optimistic about!! Just couldn't get the coyotes in?? We too saw lots of sign and got responses from several coyotes when howling. Unfortunately they were always a long ways off and we were not able to close with them and get them in?? I took a few pictures while we were out doing stands and will get them posted soon. I regret that I did not take any pics of the A-frame or the activities therein?? I hope you guys will stay in touch so that we can get in some stands together soon. Please don't hesitate to pm me or just give me a call when you would like to go hunting!!

Always a pleasure Jim,,and Steve you are spot on,,,so many dry stands,,sometimes i wonder if they all left.

I guess if it was easy,,i would not do it,,kinda why i seldomly deer hunt,,they appear mentally challanged,when compared to a coyote.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed at least getting away for awile and hanging with other Predator Hunters...like I did.

X

I would like to also Thank Coyote-X for a splendid time
thumbup1.gif
I made allot of new friends and just had a plain old ball Roode301 summed it up best and was a morale booster when we got back.(no offense but you can have this type of hunting).
I have also come to the conclusion that Big foot does really exist
(that's were all the dogs were)(they ate them) I didn't say anything but when I went to get the Cote Saturday night I really made something upset behind the cabin, made it back to the porch from the back of my car in 3 steps have heard many different things die in the woods and have no idea what it was. I want to also Thank Ohiotrapper for the use of the kill light(250) felt like I was cheating and no one knew I was doing it Nice light thank you. Frogman I will be in touch. thank you all for a great weekend
Mike

I had a real good time met some real nice guys.If we can lock up all that ground we are looking at and with what we have already maybe we can get you guys to come up here.And yes FROGMAN you can come to western ohio and hunt with us anytime.

I had a great evening visiting with you guys. Thank you for your hospitality, enjoyed picking your brains a little and the videos. Hunting camp is always great when you can enjoy good friendship, fur down isn't everything.
Thanks Guys

had a great time up there,even if i didnt shoot my gun. great bunch of guys to hunt with. if it was easy,all the girl scouts would do it. how bout that L.B.L. next year?

Wholly cow I was at work today and Forgot I almost forgot to thank Frogmans wife for her splendid Tea I did hide it under my bed and told Frogman I drank it all (Joke)
Mike

Hey dusty....Ya know the crows were everywhere,,,makin noise...but would not come to the call either!!!

Couldnt even get the consulation prize lol.

X

I'm sorry I couldn't make it myself. I'm sure it would have been fun and I would have learned a lot.

I do know that salt fork get hunted ALOT by a couple of guys I know of for yotes.....like any public land in Ohio you are hunting dogs right now that get called to literally all year.

Plus I heard of a group of guys that hunt them with dogs down that way too.

Tough conditions for sure so do not feel too bad....

Back