Bushmaster A-TACS PREDATOR RIFLE

Awakeland

i dont know if any one has reviewed or owned a gun like this one…..i was just wondering if it was worth the almost $1500 price tag…..don't own a rifle for coyote hunting right now just been mooching off my father in law till i collect the cash to get one and don't wanna waste it ….. thanks

http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_PCWVMS20FPRED8A.asp

thats the link to the gun
smile.gif

not familiar with that one but bushmaster has the varminter+predator series ar's that have been around a long time and are excellent weapons. you can pick up a nice used varminter for around 900.00. welcome to the forum btw.
jim

varminter

IMG_2290.jpg

My hunting partner has a predator non camo and it's a great gun. Super accurate. I think he paid $1200 a couple years ago but that's not in camo. The trigger is nice and smooth with a clean break, I like it better than my rock river nm. They are very similar but the bushy has a much lighter pull. $1500 seems a bit steep though. That's suggested retail I bet if you looked you could find it a couple hundred cheaper.

Mike

thanks i found a web site with a couple on there a little cheeper but there are a few models and i for the life of me cant find a bigger difference then just looks…a few of them have different lengths thats it as far as i can tell….like iv stated im new to guns but have shot an ar 15 a few times and like it a lot …..especially for the follow up when i lead my yote wrong or a 2nd shows it head to the left, lol…. thanks for all the help btw i love this site i get all the info i need from real people ! bad a$$ gun btw jimmie and thanks for the tip on info on th suggested retail price after looking i found a few for less sootrapper!

http://www.remington.com/product-families/firearms/centerfire-families/autoloading-model-r-15.aspx

lol thats the feel im getting, what would you guys suggest for an out of the box good to go ar? im using it exclusively for coyote hunting in all seasons…..got to be a fast shooter cause eventually ill have a dog decoying and i need to be able to help him out of a spot if he gets in one….

The predator is a great rifle, you can pick them up in black for a few hundred cheaper than that and then put color on. they come with a very good barrel and a very good trigger, little heavy for carrying all day but I love mine.
carnimorepaintbushmaster223.jpg

carnimore076.jpg

I really like the Remington R-15 with the 18" barrel for a calling gun. I was looking for something light to carry since I usually walk quite a way to set up and this gun fits the bill perfectly. Just my 2 cents worth.

Back