rock dove

YOTEROPER

Going out onto private land for dove and was asked if we could try to "remove" as many rock dove as possible while we were there.It seems that there ar hundreds of them on the farm and he can't seem to get rid of them(of all the luck).Was just wondering if anyone has ever tried eating them?They have been living on wheat and milo,so I would think they should bee good eating.Any suggestions,recipes would be great.

Well they sound a lot better if you call them rock doves instead of pigeons. I can't imagine though that they would taste much different than a mourning dove if they have been eating the same food. They are bigger though...maybe they will taste like chicken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Matt

Well i didnt know what you were talking about at first, but i do love to hunt pidgions, they are real fun. I would not eat any of the ones i have shot so far however, most of them are filthy and probly have mites and other parasites. I offer them to the cats at the farm where i hunt and they always accept them. The farmer is happy because he got rid of the pidgions and his cat is full so he dont attck his ducks and baby turkeys!

Rock Dove? You mean flying carp??? The birds that live around cities probably aren't good, but there is only one way to find out. Try it and let us know.

Back