500yd Dog Down!!! lots of HD still pics!!!

skinney

Director
well fellas, i made two sets today, and both were successful...
first set i called in the whitest dog i've killed all year, just a pretty ol female,
whitefemale.jpg

using the ghillie to match our surroundings really helps when self filming!!!
sidesniper.jpg

and the outcome...
holdinherhigh.jpg

Now, on to the mid range kill @ just over 500yds,
500ydsniper.jpg

i called this little female in but she wouldn't cross the ice cold river to come to my set... her curiosity tired, and she trotted off onto a flat and started mousing around, so i hit the pup in distress and she laid down giving me plenty of time to get prone and find a shooting lane... she's out there, you just can't see her...
500yd260.jpg

ahhh, yes, there she is!!!
500ydshot.jpg

even though she didn't have the balls to cross the frigid ice cold water, i wanted that fur, so i rolled up pants pulled the boots and waded across, once i got to the kill site i ranged back to my hide, and the rangefinder read just over 500
rangefinder.jpg

as always fellas ENJOY!!!
twodown.jpg

i run NF NXS on all my rigs, for now, hoping S&B will be stepping up and sponsoring us after some of this HD kill footage we got going on.. LOL!!! the one i used on the 500+yd shot is the 3.5-15X56 with the NP-R1 reticle.

Originally Posted By: mike jonesGreat scopes no doubt! If S&B steps up. Send me your NF LOL! I can't afford one

By the way awesome shot & Pics.
thanks buddy, your first in line!!!

Originally Posted By: R.ShawYou ranged the coyote after the shot? That's a new one.

What is a hide?

The spot he called from. Sniper hide is the place a sniper hides and waits for his shot. Congrats on a great shot! Thanks for sharing the pics and info.

Originally Posted By: sendit223That's awesome! Way to go skinney. Which rifle?

Sendit

its my custom built 260, great little gun!!!

Originally Posted By: R.ShawYou ranged the coyote after the shot? That's a new one.

no, no... she was ranged before kill was taken (i didn't use my reticle to do so, and not having an accurate range @ this distance is almost always a guaranteed miss), i wasn't going to mess around and try to get HD video through the rangfinder and have her take off... but it will be shown on video once its all put together.

Originally Posted By: coyote.204Nice job! What kind of rangefinder are you using?
i use two... my LR rangefinder is the Vector IV unit, the one i usually carry in my pack for a mid range shots up to 800yds is the leupold RXB-IV (which is what you are seeing in the still shot).

Back