Anyone have a good #4 buck load in 2 3/4" or 3"?

d2admin

Administrator
I was giving a trash bag full of Gold Metal hulls and another sack of 3" Federal hulls, just looking to save a buck or two.

Thanks

If you ever want to sell any of the fed 3", let me know.

www.ballisticproducts.com is where to get some really great buck shot loads.

The 2 3/4" federal gold metal is a great hull with a lot of capacity.

I have some Rem 3" hulls that I will trade for the Federal if you are interested.

Blue Dot is your powder.

A freind had a great load in a Win AA hull that was 32g of blue dot with 24 pellets of #4 buck in a red win wad...holy cow did that load pattern tight. The Fed gold metal has more room than the Win AA, so you would have to adjust your height for that issue with another wad.

Ballistic Products has a two piece wad a BPGS(ballistic products gas seal) and a shot cup that you have to slit yourself. You can slit the wad in two slits, three slits, or four slits to control just how fast the wad will open up.
This wad holds about 1 1/2-1 5/8 oz of shot depending on the size of the shot.

Ballistic Products also sells different kinds of shot:
BBB
T
F Buck
4 buck

I use a Mec Sizemaster to reload shells with, but the regular Mec JR is ok also.

I wish this site had a sticky of good buckshot loads that they had found worked well.

Playing around with various turkey chokes really tightened up my patterns significantly over the standard full chokes, and that is an understatements.

If anyone ever runs across any Active hulls and they are not interested, Please let me know.

Thanks and good luck!

Back