rock river with a 6-24x42 barska

There were to many ppl at the range to break it down to 25yd increments.There is a guy that goes to the range here on Sunday afternoon that is GOOD and doesnt mind helping someone. hopefully he will be up there

I don't care for Barskas and wouldn't recommend one to anybody. But, there are a few nuggets of information in this thread that would lead one to think maybe somebody doesn't understand the basics of sighting in a rifle. Whatever.

If you are saying i dont know how to set a scope,ill go to the range on any day with my gustaf 7mm or custom .300 and shoot against all most anyone out to 1000 yrds.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nato7magAfter 300 rounds the barska is JUNK!!!!! With the nikon chipmunks better watch out at 100yrds

The Barska was JUNK,before the first round ever fired.

Hopefully a better scope will help.

I have a buddy that is cheap and buys Barskas and the such. Last deer season we were sitting in my heated box blind, and there was a really nice buck I told him to shoot. He took off his scope covers and the scope fogged over instantly. Needless to say, I laughed at him, and handed him my 308 with a Leupold Mark 4 on it. Dead buck shortly after I handed him the rifle.

The Barska was like looking through a paper towel tube with coke bottle glass on it, in my opinion, when it didn't fog over.

The cheapest scope I will buy is a Nikon Buckmaster, and for the $$$ I think they should/could sell for twice that.

I have shot leupold my whole life.i tried a cheap scope and it was like buyin a gas station condom. Holy [beeep] i hope it works!!! and it didnt but at least all i got was a missed target.

I cant understand how some scope companys stay in business when all they have is junk! I mean realy we all know what companys are junk and are not so how can they sell enough t keep the doors open?

I think they stay in business,because people don't take em back.Then the next time they think the first one was a dud.Almost every scope out there has somebody who will swear they are the best there is.There was a guy on here not too long ago who claimed only stupid people buy nice glass. There is one born every minute.

Originally Posted By: NastyDaddy101Now Tim, they have a purpose....you can use them to twist in scope rings.

LOL!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Just add a little lapping compound and 2-3 twists to level everything out.

Back